Cannot find Greater Gift of Candy Corn

I currently have the Raw Candy Corn node in my home instances. I was trying to obtain the Greater Gift of Candy Corn to upgrade it, but the npc that the wiki says I need to purchase this from does not offer it to me. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Some of my guild mates have no problem obtaining the upgrade and can't understand why I am not seeing the gift.

I have submitted a /bug in the game but after a couple of weeks finally submitted a support ticket: #request (6790729

But what's interesting is there are a slew of vendors listed in the wiki for this, along with Sonder. Sonder, however, is the only one grayed out. I tried all of the vendors to see if any offered it.

As for having it only available during Halloween, one of my guild mates said he just purchased it from Sonder a couple of weeks ago to upgrade his node and did not have any problems getting it. So something appears to be missing in the information if another person can purchase it in January and I can't, even though both of us had the node in our home instances available to upgrade since Halloween.

It needs to be clarified with this type of confusion going on.

the wiki only lists one vendor for the greater gift on the page I looked athttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Greater_Gift_of_Candy_Cornnot sure what page you saw on the wiki (not saying you're wrong, we're just obviously looking at different things)

maybe this is the page you looked at (for the normal candy corn node)?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Candy_Corn

@"lynspottery.6529" said:Under notes on this page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Raw_Candy_Corn

"Players can obtain this node for their home instance by acquiring the Gift of Candy Corn, with the option to upgrade it via the Greater Gift of Candy Corn."

That doesn't mean that the Greater Gift is available for purchase all year, just that the node can be updated when the Greater Gift is used. It has not historically been among Sonder's offerings.

You can update your support ticket by replying to the automatically generated email to ask for a status update. If you did not include the display name of your friend who says they recently purchased the Greater Gift in your original ticket, it may be useful to include that and the date or week your friend says they were able to purchase the Greater Gift in an update, as well. It is possible that your friend misunderstood, or was having a joke, or lucked into a bug that allowed them to purchase the Greater Gift that was later corrected.

@Taelac.7036 said:

@"lynspottery.6529" said:Under notes on this page:

"Players can obtain this node for their home instance by acquiring the Gift of Candy Corn,
with the option to upgrade it via the Greater Gift of Candy Corn
."

That doesn't mean that the Greater Gift is available for purchase all year, just that the node can be updated when the Greater Gift is used. It has not historically been among Sonder's offerings.

You can update your support ticket by replying to the automatically generated email to ask for a status update. If you did not include the display name of your friend who says they recently purchased the Greater Gift in your original ticket, it may be useful to include that and the date or week your friend says they were able to purchase the Greater Gift in an update, as well. It is possible that your friend misunderstood, or was having a joke, or lucked into a bug that allowed them to purchase the Greater Gift that was later corrected.

Thanks for your comments. I actually got a response from my ticket. Apparently the notation: "only available during Halloween" is missing on that wiki page. So I'll wait until next Halloween to update my candy corn node.

Archived