How can I reduce the FPS drops

Hi everyoneSo I've been playing GW2 since the release back in 2012-2013 with the same PC ( I know that might sound like my pc it's old and crappy bout am trying not to buy something else for gaming for the time) So I used to get up to at least 40 FPS in a non crowded area and in a crowded area I was getting up to 20 FPS ( World Bosses big events like SW and now the Domain of istan)

Lately though my max FPS in a non crowded area it's 20 and in a crowded area it's 5 FPS which makes the game unplayable ( I can't even move to the right direction or cast the skills in the right direction)Before I mention my PC specs I want to say that whenever a new driver in Nvidia comes out I download it to check it out and this time was pretty terrible. Also based on "game debate" (not really believe that) but I should be able to play the game in high settings but we all know that the game is not very well optimized.

So here are my specs (Laptop)Windows 8.1Processor: Intel core i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHzNvidia gt 740m 9 as i said with the latest driver)8 GB RAMNow I know the game with new expansion new content and all that it' getting bigger in terms of space so currently it's almost i think 35gb

Anyway what am trying to do it's to find a way to increase my FPS. Also I would prefer not to download any extra programs to do that ! So if you have any suggestions at the settings in-game I would like to here them so my settings are currently medium to high ( I know some shadows or reflection are not really the best so i have them off and am focusing on player modeling and environment). So any suggestions would be appreciated !

@"smashgodlight.6584" said:Hi everyoneSo I've been playing GW2 since the release back in 2012-2013 with the same PC ( I know that might sound like my pc it's old and crappy bout am trying not to buy something else for gaming for the time) So I used to get up to at least 40 FPS in a non crowded area and in a crowded area I was getting up to 20 FPS ( World Bosses big events like SW and now the Domain of istan)

Lately though my max FPS in a non crowded area it's 20 and in a crowded area it's 5 FPS which makes the game unplayable ( I can't even move to the right direction or cast the skills in the right direction)Before I mention my PC specs I want to say that whenever a new driver in Nvidia comes out I download it to check it out and this time was pretty terrible. Also based on "game debate" (not really believe that) but I should be able to play the game in high settings but we all know that the game is not very well optimized.

So here are my specs (Laptop)Windows 8.1Processor: Intel core i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHzNvidia gt 740m 9 as i said with the latest driver)8 GB RAMNow I know the game with new expansion new content and all that it' getting bigger in terms of space so currently it's almost i think 35gb

Anyway what am trying to do it's to find a way to increase my FPS. Also I would prefer not to download any extra programs to do that ! So if you have any suggestions at the settings in-game I would like to here them so my settings are currently medium to high ( I know some shadows or reflection are not really the best so i have them off and am focusing on player modeling and environment). So any suggestions would be appreciated !

Can u contact me ingame i will try to help :)

Archived