Spvp tickets time gated why?

zoopop.5630

why are these tickets so heavily time gated especially now with the amount required to make a legendary? Unless im wrong it takes about 100-125 tickets to make the legendary back piece, 2 pieces of ascended spvp gear takes about 100 tickets to make a legendary(not including the amount of ascended shards needed ). I understand 100% that a legendary shouldn't be easy to make/obtain however waiting that long just to make a legendary in the spvp area seems to be ultra long compared to the pve style. I believe it'll take about 3(maybe 4 seasons) seasons depending how hard you grind to make an actual legendary set, each season about 2.5-3 months long , and about a month long for break before a new season starts up. Those that sound reasonable or am i the only one who thinks it's way to long?

The timegate on the Legendary Armor is fair. It takes 300 tickets to make a full set, which is obtainable in three seasons. That's approximately nine months. In PvE, it takes three months of killing every raid boss every week to get Legendary armor. The main difference between the two methods is that you have to succeed in difficult content to get it in PvE, while PvP rewards it for casual ranked play, whether you win or not, at any skill level. Reducing the timegate should be reserved to things similar to PvE raiding, such as rewarding tickets for AT placement or placing in certain divisions or placing in top 250. Basically, the nine month time gate is fair since it's rewarded for casual PvP play, but I could see it being shortened for higher tier play.

With that said, I think the Llama minis should be purchasable for Ascended Shards of Glory instead. If the League Tickets are to be used as a time gate for ascended armor, the minis have no business there.

@OlrunTheBlade.1486 said:The timegate on the Legendary Armor is fair. It takes 300 tickets to make a full set, which is obtainable in three seasons. That's approximately nine months. In PvE, it takes three months of killing every raid boss every week to get Legendary armor. The main difference between the two methods is that you have to succeed in difficult content to get it in PvE, while PvP rewards it for casual ranked play, whether you win or not, at any skill level. Reducing the timegate should be reserved to things similar to PvE raiding, such as rewarding tickets for AT placement or placing in certain divisions or placing in top 250. Basically, the nine month time gate is fair since it's rewarded for casual PvP play, but I could see it being shortened for higher tier play.

With that said, I think the Llama minis should be purchasable for Ascended Shards of Glory instead. If the League Tickets are to be used as a time gate for ascended armor, the minis have no business there.

thanks for responding, i only own one legendary item and it wasn't hard to obtain/didn't take long either however if you believe it's fair then i guess it's just on my end that believes 9 months is a long time lol. Not use to having things like that take so long i was hoping a 6month time frame would more then enough but i guess not =/

Archived