Rotation for S/D Power Weaver - for PvE?

Virindi.6128

I'm new to GW2 and struggling playing the Weaver class. I didn't realized when I went down the Weaver path that it was one of the hardest classes to play for a new person but I'm determined to not give up. I really like the idea of a S/D mage so I'd like to stick with it.

I've done a lot of research and most people are saying that down the road a condition build with Griever is best. But until I can get Griever I'm rolling with a Berserker/power build.

On reddit the build below was recommended and I'd like to try it. The problem is that if you're new, just having a build doesn't tell you how to play it. I keep dying...ALOT.

Build: en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJAsYnUMAlMgNNAG5C0RgFBA7eVPrv1BBgCwBQ4SWCSBA-jxRBABAcCAoZ/BzUCSp6PXp8DP9AU8AAIFQgLjA-e

Reddit Thread for Build: https://reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7n36cw/open_world_pve_builds_december_2017/

Can someone help me out and recommend a rotation for this build that might get me on the right track? Just a rotation would be great, but any explanation of why the rotation works would be greatly appreciated!

Since you're just starting, you shouldn't use Berserker. Yes, its high dps, but it is very fragile and poor for learning. You should use something with either toughness or vitality in it, perhaps Rabid or Carrion, which are condi. You should also trait water to help you survive. Once you get more used to your active defenses and dodging you can start using Berserker's.

I would suggest you open in air (double attuned ideally) and use primordial stance. This will give you stability and rapid 25 stack of vulnerability aoe. From there blast in fire fields for might or in riptide water field as necessary (using primordial stance or twist of fate as needed for more stab/vulnerability). As strong as primordial stance is for condi it is just as strong for power when in air.

Archived