Account hacked and banned

I'm just helping a friend who can't post here:"Ok so i had a severe problem this morning. I wanted to log in into my account, and it said it was permanetly terminated due to real money transactions. The day before i received a mail with an unauthorized log in in Canada (I live in Chile). At first i didnt paid attention to it, but i guess the hacker got access to my account and did such actions provoking my perma ban. I've been playing this game for 3 years, i knew pretty well what I could and could'nt do, and now, one day before POF launches i get this. I bought the most expensive expansion just to be hacked a day before and ruin my account (Zantier.9420). I already submitted 3 tickets explaining my sittuation in different lenguages, but 10 hours and still no answer. I would like to know if i can contact anet somewhere else, because i really want to play my expansion tomorrow. Thank you in advance."

Tell your friend this:

Do not create anymore tickets. Each ticket you create slows down the progress of getting tickets resolved.

There has been a large increase in the number of tickets sent in to ANet support since the announcement of PoF and they haven't quite worked that back log down yet. And even during more normal times, the support staff had an expected turn around time of 72 hours. The only thing you can do is be patient and if you have more information to give to UPDATE your ticket by replying to the automated email sent to your email.

Your friend should delete/close the second two tickets. Submitting multiple tickets only means your response time will be even longer. Unfortunately, support is still a bit behind due to the large number of tickets coming in related to people buying PoF and such. But, even when support isn't backed up, it can take up to 72 hours to get a response, even for account security issues. So, your friend will just have to be patient. I realize it's not fun having to sit there and wait, but it's the only thing they can do.

Archived