SoulBeast request: Selectable merge bonus

Aomine.5012

Please, stop further pigeon-hole us into certain pets.We finally got some diversity in pet choice, and then we're forced to get stats we don't need on pets we want to use.

Can you guys please PLEASE just make the merge bonus stat selectable when out of combat?Seriously you're killing the diversity here because power spec would be forced to use power bonus stat pets and so does condition spec.This is a very very bad design.

@ProtoMarcus.7649 said:What.

Killing diversity? Selectable merge bonus not dependent on pet?

Not even sure it's a serious post?

For example, I enjoy using Wyverns, but Soulbeast merge bonus for wyvern is toughness which I have no use for.

So now I'm stuck with Smokescale or something...

Now 51 pets we're just gonna use 15 of them base on stat bonus instead of their actual synergy and functionality.You call this diverse?

Bear will still never be used in PVE despite its useful f2 skill, because the stat bonus is bad.

I understand what you're saying and to some extent I agree, but...

• This only affects Soulbeast, so pet choices in core or Druid remain unchanged.
  • This is little different to GW2 to date, where a small selection of pets have been the go-to options for power or condi builds, with players remarking negatively your pet choice they deem sub-par.
  • With the additional flexibility and/or complexity offered by the Soulbeast mechanic, having to make choices, rather than taking the best of all worlds, is key.
  • A desire to use a specific pet may encourage open-minded build design to facilitate inclusion of a different stat type.
  • It's a visual cue to other players to indicate the build you're playing and the skills they can expect, aiding in PvE and expanding counter-play in PvP/WvW.
  • While I don't necessarily agree with the category each pet has been assigned to, it is fitting for an RPG, just like the usual stat distribution for pets in company.

As previous, I don't think your complaint is without merit, but there are certainly some justifications for the current implementation.

@calb.3128 said:I understand what you're saying and to some extent I agree, but...

• This only affects Soulbeast, so pet choices in core or Druid remain unchanged.
  • This is little different to GW2 to date, where a small selection of pets have been the go-to options for power or condi builds, with players remarking negatively your pet choice they deem sub-par.
  • With the additional flexibility and/or complexity offered by the Soulbeast mechanic, having to make choices, rather than taking the best of all worlds, is key.
  • A desire to use a specific pet may encourage open-minded build design to facilitate inclusion of a different stat type.
  • It's a visual cue to other players to indicate the build you're playing and the skills they can expect, aiding in PvE and expanding counter-play in PvP/WvW.
  • While I don't necessarily agree with the category each pet has been assigned to, it is fitting for an RPG, just like the usual stat distribution for pets in company.

As previous, I don't think your complaint is without merit, but there are certainly some justifications for the current implementation.

The bonus stat is the key attraction of going into Beastmode because we lost a meat shield and pet dps, so why are we penalized for such action because the pets merge stat is not favourable to the situation?

With the current implantation, all power build will select:Juvenile Red MoaJuvenile ArctodusJuvenile TigerJuvenile Sand LionJuvenile Lashtail DevourerJuvenile Krytan DrakehoundJuvenile River DrakeJuvenile EagleJuvenile Cave SpiderJuvenile Smokescale

And nothing else.

Same can be said to the condition spec perspective.

So how does that promote diversity?

Maybe F3 can be bound to pets so people know which f3 ability you get by just looking at your pet, providing counter-play to it, but there's no reason stat bonus locking into certain pets, making other pets less attractive to pick just because it's not on the list of Ferocious pet.

Archived