Do I need DDR4 memory for 1070 or 1080?

No worries; you have the pcie 2.0 x16 slots and 3.0 x16 cards are backwards compatible, so it will physically mount in the slot. Other considerations are if you physically have enough room inside the case for the card and if you have a strong enough power supply with available connectors to power it.

With present pricing for those cards and already having an RX580. I would think that money would be better spent upgrading cpu/mobo/ ram which could likely be accomplished for the same budget or less and would have more of an impact on performance.

If you currently can afford a GTX1080 I would suggest settling on a GTX1070 and the money saved put it towards a new processor+motherboard+ram. Your current processor, especially if you play at 1080p, will drag down both the 1080 and 1070 in most games. You don't have to get a high end processor either, you can stick with something like a Ryzen 2200g (99$) and a motherboard for it is around ~50$. Even a quad core Ryzen will be better than your current processor in every situation that doesn't use all 8 cores of your current processor (which most things won't). The newer processors also use significantly less power resulting in less heat in your case and the few dollars a year off electricity.

@Yamazuki.6073 said:If you currently can afford a GTX1080 I would suggest settling on a GTX1070 and the money saved put it towards a new processor+motherboard+ram. Your current processor, especially if you play at 1080p, will drag down both the 1080 and 1070 in most games. You don't have to get a high end processor either, you can stick with something like a Ryzen 2200g (99$) and a motherboard for it is around ~50$. Even a quad core Ryzen will be better than your current processor in every situation that doesn't use all 8 cores of your current processor (which most things won't). The newer processors also use significantly less power resulting in less heat in your case and the few dollars a year off electricity.

I was worried on that. It's just they are expensive. I have four stacks of ram now. I'm trying to find a good processor for 150 max. It seems like I have spend a considerable bit more. That motherboard cost me 100 bucks when it went out, it now sells for 200. What kind of mother board should I get. My computer does use a ton of energy when it plays games.

@Icemanfrost.5428 said:

@Yamazuki.6073 said:If you currently can afford a GTX1080 I would suggest settling on a GTX1070 and the money saved put it towards a new processor+motherboard+ram. Your current processor, especially if you play at 1080p, will drag down both the 1080 and 1070 in most games. You don't have to get a high end processor either, you can stick with something like a Ryzen 2200g (99$) and a motherboard for it is around ~50$. Even a quad core Ryzen will be better than your current processor in every situation that doesn't use all 8 cores of your current processor (which most things won't). The newer processors also use significantly less power resulting in less heat in your case and the few dollars a year off electricity.

I was worried on that. It's just they are expensive. I have four stacks of ram now. I'm trying to find a good processor for 150 max. It seems like I have spend a considerable bit more. That motherboard cost me 100 bucks when it went out, it now sells for 200. What kind of mother board should I get. My computer does use a ton of energy when it plays games.

You can sell off your PC or the parts individually to pay off the cost of the new system.

As for a motherboard, if you're not going to be heavily into overclocking or any other things then just go with any of the cheap motherboards that have positive reviews. The differences in motherboards, other than ones with defects, mostly come down to the ability to overclock highly, various luxury features, multi gpus, high ram, etc. If you go with any recent Ryzen processor be sure to make sure it states the motherboard has an updated BIOS to support the processor. If you get a 2200g the popular boards for it are by Asus, ASrock and MSI for the 50-100$ range.

@Maze.3825 said:No, you don't need DDR3 to install 1070 GTX.

I meant DDR4. I have DDRM3 I believe> @Yamazuki.6073 said:

You can sell off your PC or the parts individually to pay off the cost of the new system.

As for a motherboard, if you're not going to be heavily into overclocking or any other things then just go with any of the cheap motherboards that have positive reviews. The differences in motherboards, other than ones with defects, mostly come down to the ability to overclock highly, various luxury features, multi gpus, high ram, etc. If you go with any recent Ryzen processor be sure to make sure it states the motherboard has an updated BIOS to support the processor. If you get a 2200g the popular boards for it are by Asus, ASrock and MSI for the 50-100$ range.

Would the AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphic be good for Guild Wars 2. Is it better than what I have? or should I go for something slighty better? and if so suggestions?

Archived