Gathering Tools separate skins.

Hello, I have a suggestion for the new gathering tools system. Don't know if it was already suggested, but didn't find anything with a quick search.

I really like the new system and it's something I wanted for quite a bit, but...it's missing something.What it's missing is the option to buy only the skin of a tool.I mean, I have many characters, so the problem would rise up pretty far in the future, but think about it.If i kept buying the skinless gathering tools for alts, and now i wanted to fancy them up with the new system. What would be the point of buying a tool just for the skin ? And maybe the extra effect of the particular glyph.I wound end up with an extra tool that will have no use and spent much more for something i never needed. In the end it makes me do not want to buy the said item because it would be a waste of money unless i made another new character.

Why not sell me just the skin of said item ? Just like you're already selling the glyphs separatedly.An infinite tool cost 800, without discount, while a "skinned" one cost 1000, just make the skin cost 200 and it should be fine.

These are my two cents, the system is nice and all, but i feels it lacks this "distant future" plan. It would also encourage more people to just buy a skin to swap what they already have (even if they do not have all alts already full) and i think it wouldn't be too hard to pull of programming-wise.

I like the new system as well and I also like the suggestion of being able to purchase skins seperatly. If I want a permanent tool it wouldn't need a specific skin on it. Mainly since the skins were found on permanent tools from gem shop and we can't really use a whole collection of permanent tools. Its a win win for Anet too I think as they can sell permanent tool (can be skinless really), and they can sell skins (and create more skins over time). Same goes for glyphs here as they can also be created in lots of varieties. However, please put these glyphs and skins in gem shop content and not solely on black lion chests since black lion chests remain a gamble (and still needs keys). Really special skins I wouldn't mind if they go in black lion chest ocassionally (like atm costumes and previously glider skins), but just make sure they also pass by in gem store periodically. And perhaps some "basic" skins and glyphs permanently in gem store.

Archived