Crystal Configuration: Storm

Orion Templar.4589

On the wiki page for Crystal Configuration: Storm it says the following: "This trait reduces the damage of the auto attack chain by 10%."I was curious how that was calculated? I ask because when I test having that trait selected or not selected, the damage tooltips for the photon forge skill #1 do not go up or down. So just from looking at the game itself, I would not have deduced that this trait reduces damage. In fact intuitively I'd guess that selecting this trait increases damage, and offers synergies with other traits that affect explosives. How was it determined that this trait reduces damage by 10%?

@"Orion Templar.4589" said:On the wiki page for Crystal Configuration: Storm it says the following: "This trait reduces the damage of the auto attack chain by 10%."I was curious how that was calculated? I ask because when I test having that trait selected or not selected, the damage tooltips for the photon forge skill #1 do not go up or down. So just from looking at the game itself, I would not have deduced that this trait reduces damage. In fact intuitively I'd guess that selecting this trait increases damage, and offers synergies with other traits that affect explosives. How was it determined that this trait reduces damage by 10%?

Most likely by testing it on the DPS golem and/or using ArcDPS.

@nullixin.9462 said:The new auto chain is instead on the trait ui, if you right click on Crystal Configuration:Storm.

Thanks. I see what you mean. I guess what tripped me up is that for many other traits, when you select a trait that modifies a skill, the stats or tooltip for the skill automatically updates. For example if you select a trait that reduces certain skill cooldown by 20%, you'll instantly see the cooldown number on that skill reflect the new number. So my expectation would have been that if Crystal Configuration: Storm changes the damage of Light Strike, as soon as I select that trait the numbers in the tooltip should reflect that change. Since the skill numbers don't actually change, I had been questioning whether the wiki info was correct or not. Thanks all for the input.

Archived