Unable to type in /g

Hello,

For the past 2 days I have been unable to type in guild chat. I am a member of a guild and I am representing it. Whenever I try to chat, I receive the "You are not in a guild" message.

I've checked the known issue tracker and could not see it on there.

Thoughts?

@"Donutdude.9582" said:Hello,

For the past 2 days I have been unable to type in guild chat. I am a member of a guild and I am representing it. Whenever I try to chat, I receive the "You are not in a guild" message.

I've checked the known issue tracker and could not see it on there.

Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, have you checked to make sure you are in Online status?

I have had it where I manually set myself offline, then forget to put it back on. There have also been times where, even though I manually toggle myself Online, I still can't chat in guild. Relogging helps as does changing to a different guild and then back to my "main" guild and restarting.

Good luck!

@"Zushada.6108" said:Out of curiosity, have you checked to make sure you are in Online status?

I have had it where I manually set myself offline, then forget to put it back on. There have also been times where, even though I manually toggle myself Online, I still can't chat in guild. Relogging helps as does changing to a different guild and then back to my "main" guild and restarting.

Good luck!

Well. I feel silly.

Thank you kindly Zushada! Problem solved!

@Donutdude.9582 said:

@"Zushada.6108" said:Out of curiosity, have you checked to make sure you are in Online status?

Good luck!

Well. I feel silly.

Thank you kindly Zushada! Problem solved!

Never feel silly! I once got all in a panic and posted a thread indicating the Mistlock Sanctuary was bugged because all of my characters had been sent to Lion's Arch... Someone kindly pointed out that because I had moved the pass from my shared inventory slot, to a character's starter bag, the system didn't recognize my other characters as having access to the pass.

The point, it happens to us all! I am just glad to have been a help. :)

Archived