[SOLVED] Q: Games that have the same dynamic system as GW2.

Hello,Sorry I couldn't find an off-topic section in the forum, so I think it's best to ask here.I recently got Destiny 2 from humblebundle monthly. Although FPS is not really my thing, this game also has dynamic events, on a waaay smaller scale than GW2, D2 simply has a few big battle maps instead of a true MMO world.But it was refreshing to headshot mobs in dynamic events :)

I have autism and I have my periods of crawling under a rock: During bad periods it's simply my job and then straight to my safe bedroom. GW2 helps me to not become a hermit.For gaming that means I like joining a group event, helping people... without the need to communicate. You just jump into an event, help each other out, get the reward and continue on. GW2 is perfect for that, this game dragged me through alot of dark days.

But yes Destiny 2 is also refreshing, when I feel like shooting stuff. My question is if there are other games where you can be part of a group without joining/dynamic events. Not that I'm tired of GW2, not at all, this is my home base, but I'm curious.

• Grampybone

well, have you played wargaming games? like world of tanks and etc, basically you go with your tank/ship/plane into a match with others withouth the need to organize a group.

There is the dungeon finder and raid finder of WoW, but as an old player of that game, i really encourage people to make heroic or mythic raids with a guild.

The first game I encountered that had a similar "you don't have to be in a formal party to participate in the event" thing was Rift some time ago. Warhammer Age or Reckoning had a similar event system to Rift if I remember correctly. WAR only exists on a private server now as Return of Reckoning since the official servers were shut down.

Final Fantasy XIV has F.A.T.E.s, which are like dynamic events, only not fun, imo. I feel like they drag on a bit longer, but people do them for various reasons, like leveling in the area through F.A.T.E.s or questing, looking for relic/anima weapon quest items, just bored in the area while gathering or doing a hunt, which is either a big monster you can group up for kill, then leave, or smaller solo daily hunts, which take you across the expansion areas to kill 1 to 3 of certain types of mobs. When I was doing my relic/anima questing, I loved it when someone joined a F.A.T.E, and there are some big achievement ones people like to do once or a couple times, kind of like meta events on a smaller, less repeatable scale, but people who missed out on the rush would probably love any help at all with the less popular ones. However, the game is tab-target with no hint of action combat, even though they've been adding things like "Action Time Maneuvers" that are more dynamic than just running out of a red circle, and focuses heavily on dungeons and forced group content, which is why I don't play it anymore. Eureka, the 3rd expansion's "relic/anima weapon" area, which looks open world, is just a boss train of people forced into parties, but you can solo some mobs there and get some rewards aside from exp.

I'm more into open-world stuff myself and not being forced into a group, although just from burn out from FFXIV and other dungeon-centric MMOs for years, so I personally wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for open world, event-like things, but it's also free until level 35 (all classes can hit level 35 and still be on the trial, but a free account can't go past 35 on anything) and one character can have all classes on it, and it's possible to level entirely by doing F.A.T.E.s, so it doesn't hurt to give it a small try.

Sorry for my late reply, it was a busy week. Thank you for the info everyone!I played Rift a long time ago, it had a premium account option back then iirc.That's what I like about GW2 and Destiny, no premium stuff. Hopefully Rift has changed.

I'll have a look at the other games as well.

I leveled all 3 main classes to max level in Destiny 2..... and it seems their choice of dynamic events is very limited, exact the same events in different places, and no chain events. Still it's a nice distraction if I feel like shooting stuff, but Guild Wars 2 is still the KING for me!

Archived