A Build For Holosmith Haters

Frostmane.9734

This is an sPvP build.

If you're like me, Core engineer has a special place in your heart but it's hard to willingly limit your performance by playing it when Holosmith does everything better. So I set out to come up with something with a playstyle closer to core engineer but with the Holosmith trait line.

Obviously, to play like Core you need some kits. So I slotted med kit and tool kit for the utility knowing that I'd have Holo for damage. You'll have an answer for most situations; Getting burst, pull out gear shield or Elixir S. Condition spam? Switch to Med Kit and convert then to boons. Time to wreck face? Switch to Holo mode. Someone running? Switch to tool kit and pull them back.

Why the Elixir line? -You'll convert conditions to boons using the Med Kit-Healing output is increased-Increased boon duration--Protection Injection and Invigorating Speed are also fine options in tier 1.

Why the tools line?

• Faster recharge on gear shield and magnet, plus more damage on pry bar
  • Faster toolbelt recharge; Bandage self heals for 6000 every 15 seconds.
  • Nice bit of damage from takedown round to assist in burst
  • Increased damage while you have vigor works well with Vital Bomb and/or invigorating speed.
  • All around more endurance

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnsTBlch1ID2XBcJjlKDrPD+BLhidnAQ4ZcDseaAA-jJRSAB1+AAAY/hWLDA6FAAA

You may have two stun breakers, but both of them have long cooldowns and the build lacks on stability. It's better to use the Elixir Gun not only for the permanent weakness, sustain and mobility, but also for the low cooldown on Healing Mist. With Tools the cooldown is reduced from 35 seconds to 30 seconds, but if you combine the HGH trait from Alchemy, it's reduced to 24 seconds.

Another thing is that you're not using Mender's Amulet with the Med Kit. The Med Kit is a supportive kit, one that's meant to be used for healing allies and cleansing conditions from them. Med Blasters' healing is very low without Mender's Amulet and doesn't heal allies for a noticeable amount. If you're going to use the Med Kit, you have to be support with Mender's Amulet, otherwise you might just switch to the Healing Turret.

You may have two stun breakers, but both of them have long cooldowns and the build lacks on stability. It's better to use the Elixir Gun not only for the permanent weakness, sustain and mobility, but also for the low cooldown on Healing Mist. With Tools the cooldown is reduced from 35 seconds to 30 seconds, but if you combine the HGH trait from Alchemy, it's reduced to 24 seconds.

You have to manage heat, but Spectrum Shield is a 20 second cool down if you do it right. I have considered using elixir gun over elixir s, but I don't know if I have the appetite for 3 kits and holo mode. Engineers in general lack Stability, so I'm not sure where to get more aside from Toss Elixir B?

Another thing is that you're not using Mender's Amulet with the Med Kit. The Med Kit is a supportive kit, one that's meant to be used for healing allies and cleansing conditions from them. Med Blasters' healing is very low without Mender's Amulet and doesn't heal allies for a noticeable amount. If you're going to use the Med Kit, you have to be support with Mender's Amulet, otherwise you might just switch to the Healing Turret.

Its not a support build so im not going to use Menders. I get that Med Kit is a support kit but its not very good at it; I use it almost purely for Cleansing Field and Vital Bomb, neither of which benefit from using Menders. I'll take the 15 second cool down self heal, cleansing field, and 11.5s of vigor from vital bomb over Healing Turret.

I was thinking core was dead in the water then the other day i started using aed....the heal is op, in the duel rooom i was getting my ass handed to me via build wars but with the aed equipped well i started beating warriors, revs, holos and weavers it was crazy the sustain it gave me....as for stab even against a sb stun warrior with condi cleanse the aed made it from a loss to a win! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76EF65pKnp8

Archived