LF Moderately Small Newbie-Friendly Guild [NA] (NSP)

OnceSane.1829

Hello, filthy casual here,As the title said, I'm looking for a small(ish) guild that is willing to put up with a relative noob to GW2. I'm no stranger to MMORPG's, I've played many in my time (TERA, Neverwinter, ESO, Archeage, Rift, WoW) with my primary being WoW for the past few years; so I at least understand the basics (primarily in PvE content, as I've never been much into PvP). Currently, I'm burnt out of WoW and I'm trying to expand my horizons. I got "maxed" level on my guardian about 3 days before the latest expansion hit, so i'm having to deal with the information overload of HoT on top of PoF. Plus, it's lonely playing solo...

Activity wise, my schedule is all over the place due to being an RN. I work 13 hour shifts 3-4 days out of each week, but I know my schedule a month in advance, so I can plan accordingly for whatever guild events may be planned. I'm fully willing to use Discord, Teamspeak, ect for guild activities (although my personal preference is Discord). I appreciate any input, and i'm willing to adapt to what's needed. I hope I can be a good addition to the roster!

... and seriously, no mass-recruiting cesspool guilds with 150+ members... I want to get to know people, instead of desperately trying to fit-in with one of the already-existing 4-5 cliques that don't interact with the others. I've had experience with this too... don't even try it.

Hi OnceSane!

Midway [mWAY] is looking for members!

We are a fairly new guild, currently up to almost 50 active members with plenty of them online on a daily basis, usually at least 12-20 people at any one time.We intend to stay a reasonably small guild. Quality rather than quantity.

Just claimed our guild hall yesterday!

About us:

• New and returning players welcome!
  • Laid-back: Real life comes first
  • Play on NA server during AUS/SEA/OCE timezones (although we have 1 or 2 token NA players who are active during our time).
  • PvE-focused: Story Mode, Map completion, Dungeons, Fractals, Guild Missions and soon(!) Raids

We have lots of new and returning players, as well as skilled veterans who are more than happy to help out with content.

Not sure about your timezone, so times might be a bit off for you but feel free to give us a shot!

Feel free to message me in game if you're interested!

Your last paragraph made me laugh, I know exactly what you mean. I am not sure that our guild's more casual PvE style will be what you are looking for. GW2 is a pretty different game than many other MMOs, and I notice that a lot of veterans of those games are looking for something more structured and progressive (sometimes more than the game itself has to offer). Currently we are mostly focused on open-world PvE, community events, etc. Raids and regular organized fractals will probably come eventually, but are not there right now.

However, in terms of the community, I think you will find that MadCast might be exactly what you are looking for. We are a community of gamers, established over 10 years ago now. I met my husband and many life-long friends through the MadCast; I have many wonderful MadCast memories and hope to make many more. On a given night we have about 20-40 people in our TeamSpeak server (we'll be moving to Discord in the next month or so), and if you're interested in becoming a Full Member of the community, there is a 30 day candidacy process during which the community gets to know you.

You don't need to do all that to try out the MadCast GW2 guild, but you might want to if you are looking for a close-knit community of awesome people. :) I have been working to rebuild our GW2 guild the past two weeks, and we currently have about 10 people online most evenings, maybe 3-6 in TeamSpeak. Since you are concerned about mega-guilds, I would be happy to talk to you in length about my growth objectives, but in summary, I'd like to get to a point where we have about 30 players online each evening and 10-20 in TeamSpeak. If you are one of those dedicated persons who likes to have a big impact on the communities you are part of, I think now is about the ideal point to join our guild in order to have a big influence through your contributions and activity. This coming week/weekend I'll be organizing our first guild event in a while, and recruiting is just picking up a bit more.

Hit me up here, in game (evenings EST and weekends), or head over to the MadCast forums and post there/message me on the website. I am MadCast: RedJustice there, but people mainly call me Red.

Best of luck.

Archived