Video mins to desktop

Greetings,

I havent been on GW2 for around a year or so and just got back into it a few days ago. Having an issue with the video that Ive never seen before since Ive been playing the game just after it launched. This is besides the annoying DC problems you guys seem to be plagued with ATM.

When Im transitioning to a new zone, ie, a zone I havent yet entered during the current session, the game often times will minimize to desktop and then after a few seconds, goes back to full screen as Im zoning in. Very odd as Ive never seen it do that in the passed and never seen another game do it either. Its like its changing video modes or something, at least thats what it reminds me of when my drivers are updating.

On that note, all my drivers are current.

No other effect and it dosent seem to effect game play at all, but just a FYI.

From this threadhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged/p11

This should shorten the flashes untill said fix come out

Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭ June 9, 2018Window Key/Menu>Settings(Gear Icon)>System>Focus Assist>uncheck all the boxes to off

And employe quote from same thread

GM Magister.8736 ArenaNet › ArenaNet June 8, 2018 edited June 8, 2018Looks like you guys already heard, but I come with good news! There's some excellent progress being made on this issue. I can't really give a timeline yet, since we're still trying to hammer down the best way to go about resolving it, but we're getting pretty confident that there's a light on the horizon, so keep your eyes on the patch notes going forward. :)

As with a lot of things, you can now keep track of the status of this issue on the Known Issue Tracker. We worked with some wizards around the office to get this thing updating automatically as we work through things, and I was able to stick this issue on there for you all to keep track of it easier.

(Unfortunately, during our adjustments to the KIT, a skritt somehow managed to break into the page and make a mess of some of the older bugs. This should be resolved soon, but don't panic if you see the "Three Golem Monty" achievement or other previously solved bugs back on the in-progress issues. It's still fixed, you didn't step into the wrong Fractal or anything like that, and we're trying to get it sorted. Sorry for the confusion!)

EditIncase you dident know the new forum allow you to search was as simple to type in "flashing desktop"

@"Linken.6345" said:From this threadhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged/p11

This should shorten the flashes untill said fix come out

EditIncase you dident know the new forum allow you to search was as simple to type in "flashing desktop"

My particular issue dosent involve flashing or blinking, as some people stated in the thread you linked. Although some of what they described may be similar to what Im experiencing, its not exactly the same. Could be just the method of attempting to describe a problem of course.

If you are using Window 10 Build 1803 or later, it is likely the same as everyone else in that thread. It became an issue after the Microsoft April Update. The short version is turn off Focus Assist in the settings panel. That is what makes the delay a long 5-10 second one. With it fully disabled, you will see a quick glimmer or "flash" of your underlying desktop at the map change. That is all you can do for now.

Archived