Endless Combat Tonic/Mount interaction

Vladish.3940

I don't know if it works as intended or if it's a bug or oversight. Personally I love using endless combat tonics. Unfortunately PoF made them a hassle to use. Until this expansion they have interacted fine with all aspects of the game (at least the aspects I participated in), including gliders, but now they became frustrating to use (having to disable it before mounting, re-enable it after mounting, and with amount mounted travel/forced use of mounts making it pretty much a hassle rather than a feature). Now that the mounts will become standardized method of transportation (simply put, they give too many perks not to use them), can we get new mounted animations for those transformations and enable them to use mounts? Being that their features do not change, I'd assume they wouldn't be overly difficult to animate. If that can't be done for whatever reasons, could we be allowed to mount with them active (mounts can disable or put the transformation in "stasis"), and have them reactivate automatically for the duration of the transformation?

• 1 month later...

I would like this small issue fixed as well. These tonics were built to be combat and gameplay capable outside WvW and PvP. I have always liked them, but now feel that using them is more chore than fun. They are no longer friendly with all of gameplay, and I'm pretty sure it was simply an oversight. I'm hoping this will get fixed, though given the lack of people speaking about it, it seems rather doubtful. Either way, here's hoping. And here's hoping it's small enough that it is indeed an easy fix. I know it's not gamebreaking, and mostly just aesthetic. But with a game so heavily focused on aesthetic, I'm hoping it'll at least get looked at to see how much work it would take to adjust.

Also maybe extend the timer? 15 minutes really is not much when you're actively playing on a map. I notice it go away. But it's still annoying to have to pop open my inventory to re-enable a combat-friendly tonic. Why does it wear off to begin with? It's made to be used with active game play. Having to halt game play simply to click a button for cosmetics is kind of fun-slowing, especially for an MMO. The other tonics are meh issues, since they're really only for in between game play. But the combat-friendly tonics aren't really very combat-friendly, both because the short timer, but more specifically and importantly now that mounts clash with them.

Archived