Missing Story Rewards

I completed the story line for Path of Fire last night with a friend, and near the end of Act 3 the Beast of War, I did not receive my Elonian Shoulder Box.My friend had started the instance and I had clicked on "Accept" to continue the story for me, I received the achievement for completing the story, and the mastery point, but didn't get the shoulder box.

Unfortunately, with the way that the stories all link together, I was a little distracted with the next fight and, during a quick down time, wasn't paying too much attention to the 'bouncy boxes' on the side while I was opening them (a brown treasure chest box, and the mastery point). I recall getting some unidentified items out of the brown box, so I wasn't too concerned until we had completed the story and I never received the shoulder piece.

As I mentioned I have the achievement for the completion of the story, but I do not have the achievement for the shoulder piece (part of the "Dress Rehearsal" collection).

Okay, so I wrote a ticket to the ArenaNet team about the same issue, same story, same missing of the item box - Elonian Shoulder Box. The GM answered quite fast and asked me for additional information about our problem, so this problem can be resolved as soon as possible. Here I'm answering his questions, and if someone have the same issues can give his/her information as well.

1. "Did you disconnect during the story step "Beast of War?" Did you disconnect after?"
    • At that time there was no disconnection during the story or after.
  2. "Did you play this with a friend or were you running it solo?"
    • I was playing with a friend.
  3. "Did you or someone else start the story instance?"
    • My friend started the story.
  4. "Around what time did you complete the story instance?"
    • It was on 23th, Saturday. I remember it was late at night, probably 1,2 hours before daily reward respawns.
  5. "Can you provide me with screenshot of your Story Journal showing the story step being completed?"
  6. "Have you completed “confronting balthazar”?"
    • Yes. Again with a friend who also started the story as "Beast of War".
  7. "Have you beaten Chapter 12 as well (To Kill a God)? Have you re-tried this chapter since?"
    • Yes, I did beat Chapter 12. No, I did not re-tried the chapter.
  8. "Did you collect all reward chests in the bottom-right corner of your game screen?"
    • Yes. You can see on the picture above.
  9. "Which character profession (class) have you been running this with?"
    • I was with a human warrior on berserker.

Additional information... I asked in my guild about this problem and one of my guild mates told me she was doing the story with two of her friends. Both did not get the Elonian Shoulder Box, only the owner of the story got it.

Hope this helps and good luck fixing the problem. Thanks in advance !

Like the other 2 posters, I too have had to file a bug report due to not receiving my Elonian shoulder box reward. Here are the questions that were asked with answers. I was not the leader of the instance just like the other poster. I have NOT tried to replay the story "Beast of War". Thanks!

Answers to the questions are below:

Did you disconnect during the story step "Beast of War?" Did you disconnectAfter?-There was no disconnect that I recall specific to that instance.

Did you play this with a friend or were you running it solo?-I was playing with a friend and they were the instance leader (aka started the instance)

Did you or someone else start the story instance?-Someone else

Around what time did you complete the story instance?-Somewhere between 11pm PST 9/24/2017 (Loose estimate), We have played since Friday evening until approx. 1am PST each night.

Can you provide me with screenshot of your Story Journal showing the story step being completed?-Screenshots provided as attachments. Equally here are gyazo links for your convenience.https://i.gyazo.com/f392a90c19fc36c56bf25d4547cd80ad.jpg (Story)https://i.gyazo.com/ba6537c875d2e5e26788d681e697e242.jpg (Dress Rehearsal)

Have you completed “confronting balthazar”?-I have completed the entire PoF story as shown above in screenshot

Have you beaten Chapter 12 as well (To Kill a God)?-- Have you re-tried this chapter since?-I have completed the entire PoF story as shown above in screenshot-No I have not re-tried any chapters, I contacted support first so I did not cause any issues with the ticket.

Did you collect all reward chests in the bottom-right corner of your game screen?-Yes all chests have been collected.

Which character profession (class) have you been running this with?-Guardian with new PoF specialization (Firebrand)

Thank you again.

Archived