(PVP) DH Longbow + Greatsword ?

Sevetar.6035

I have been trying to experiment around with my Dragonhunter and I was trying out Longbow+ Greatsword for the burst dmg cycling. I was curious if anyone else has found a similar build that they liked or were happy with, and if so could you please share it?

Interesting build. I recommend changing out traits in DH based on your utilities though. Change Piercing Light to Soaring Devastation. Piercing Light really isn't worth it unless you have healing trap, ToF and Hunter's Determination. Next, change out Hunter's Determination for either of the two master level traits based on preference. It's not really worth it to use in pvp due to the long cooldown. As DH you'll frequently be engaging opponents and +1ing so you don't want long cooldowns on something like a stunbreak. Finally, I recommend changing your heal to shelter (the medi heal is the worst heal if you're not traited meditations).

Having Soaring Devastation gives you another offensive option, synergizes well with CCs (you follow up your CC with f2 to stop them from dodging) and lets you land WW on greatsword a lot more often.

An alternative to all of this is to change your heal skill and Bane Signet to traps which lets you make good use of Piercing Light, maintain decent sustain and pick up a little bit of damage from whatever trap you take.

Its interesting but very risky. Unlike a lot of other classes, guardian 2H weaps have no defensive skill built into them. So you are relying on virtues and all of your utilities to survive. If anyone realizes this in pvp, it can end up going really poorly but if you are having success with it then keep going :)

Archived