S/D FA Theorycrafting for WvW roaming

Oogabooga.3812

I was trying out this build to see if this is better than focus. It has some mobility (air), useful fire skills, the heavy hitting earth, and condi cleanse/heal in water. I've switched out the last utility for arcane shielding as well.

This would allow for some improvement of the old baseline combos, e.g. Fire/Air - Ride the lightning, Updraft, Fire Attune, Dragon's tooth, Ring of Fire, Phoenix, Fire Grab.

Give it a try and see what can be improved.

Dagger lacks any defense and its nukes are melee which are suicidal on already fragile build. Focus offers strong cc (good for setting up bursts and slow skills like phoenix/tooth/shatterstone) from range, which you want to keep on scepter and good defensive skills.

@steki.1478 said:Dagger lacks any defense and its nukes are melee which are suicidal on already fragile build. Focus offers strong cc (good for setting up bursts and slow skills like phoenix/tooth/shatterstone) from range, which you want to keep on scepter and good defensive skills.

My main beefs with focus are that it lacks any mobility, fire skills are just about useless, and water has hard-to-reach healing and no condi cleanse. The air and earth skills are great. I've played focus for quite a while now; works fantastic if you can keep yourself at midrange (600-900).

But focus is not so good if you have to fight outside or inside these numbers. At least with dagger, you can put tremendous hurt on enemies up close; this way you have good fighting skills from 0-900 range.

Archived