Holosmith problem in Solid Ocean fractal

Banankungen.2130

Don't know if it should count as a bug or not but I just did the Solid Ocean fractal on my Holosmith and since you can't pick up stuff when in Photon Forge there is a big problem.. When i got targeted by the boss and tried to grab a crystal i had a 5 second cooldown before i could actually deactivate forge and pick up the crystal. It's not really a bug but i think there should be some things that overwrite forge when picked up, for example the crystals in Solid Ocean.

Holosmith definitely got the short end of the stick here. If the crystal overrides photon forge it would become easily exploited (albeit for this fractal only) to bypass the overheat mechanic, so they probably aren't going to change that. On the other hand being unable to pick up crystals in transformed states such as Necro Shroud just doesn't make sense, seems more like a coding limitation than an intentional design.

In the meantime you'll just have to stick with dodging I guess.

it's definitely a bug cuz this happened on my solid ocean run not so long ago after the expac. with a holosmith, i'm standing right next to, the person just couldn't pick up a crystal nor exit photon forge xd they just stand there and like o.o till the second time they got downed, we asked why and we got our answer. i think to pick up environmental items/weapons, it should force them to exit whatever form they're on and that form will go on full cd if any skill was used. that's to be fair. if no skills used, tey could be in half cd or something.

Archived