Error message when trying to upgrade a free account

@"pinkbunnies.4620" said:Hello, I’m trying to fully upgrade(HoT+PoF) my daughter’s free account through the in-game gem store. However, whenever I enter my CC information then click to purchase, I’m being met with an error message. It isn’t an issue with my CC. Has this happened to anyone?

All gem store credit card purchases are in a bit of a state (British colloquialism for "not working"...) at the moment. The best bet is to log in to your daughter's account on your web browser (not in-game) and do the upgrade there. That seems to be working just fine.

FYI, I had a lot of issues trying to upgrade my account from free account to full one too. First I tried both from buy.guildwars2.com using Firefox (with AdBlock plus) as browser and Paypal as payment method, then I tried in-game using directly the CC, no way.Just few minutes ago I was able to do it using buy.guildwars2.com, Chrome (just Google extensions active) as browser and the CC.So right now I am wondering, if I wish to buy something in-game, what browser is used? (My default browser is Firefox...) Is there a way to configure what browser is used for in-game buyings?

Archived