open world/story - would a minion master scourge be the right option for me?

goodgrief.1382

so i finally managed to get into s4e4...on my dragonhunter.

tbh, i died frequently. the deadeye fight got tedious - some of the awakened (especially some of the veterans with the condi spam and tar) were more than a nuisance - i find it kind of sad that i have a harder time dealing with a veteran awakened guy because of his tar pools than i do with some champions.

anyway, at this point it's all just a bit flustering. i don't care much about playing high level content - and if i do, it's with the guild. i tend to just enjoy cruising through the story. so i thought: why not minions? Boots' bad build on the topic seemed pretty sweet, I could start there. maybe even take it a step further since minions don't inherit your power attribute and use apothecary with scepter/torch. i'd like to be able to just sit back away from mobs and see their numbers go down without doing much myself. something that maybe will age better with the game as they release new content, since dragonhunter has definitely fell for me the more that i've had to fight awakened and branded.

I have not found Scourge to be that good in solo PvE since its nerfs but others may disagree.

Reaper and core Necro have been the basis of my PvE builds of late.

p.s.To elaborate, Scourge lost a lot of the burst potential it had at PoF release and it has always sacrificed a bit of personal sustain for increased group utility.

Archived