Revival of the Celestial Engineer for WvW roaming

Prinzsecond.4863

Hellou there!

After realizing the "updated" rune of divinity (10% HP as addition in the 6th Bonus some months ago) I decided to tried out a full celestial hybrid Holosmith yesterday and had a blast in WvW roaming. I wanted to share with you my build and give a short Explanation:

Reasoning behind celestial is to fuse the Holoforge as a Power-based ability with the pistol-pistol condition damage skills, enabling to fight enemies with strong condition cleanse as well as strong direct-damage-reduction (e.g. warriors) abilities with one build. This combined with survivability from relatively high armor (~2800) a considerable health pool and some healing power should have the ability to provide a viable roaming build.

I am fully Aware that neither the direct nor the condition damage are near as high as with pure builds. However, this is usually also not necessary to get enemies down.

Due to the might Generation, dodge rolls have the potential to deal over 3k damage.

gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqalsThyrY9VwdLw6FLsFG4H6EFAE7IThnQ/acOWHB-j1xHABupHYJlf0+AASU9HAOBAzpE0i9HIFQVi2A-w

Please note that the elite skill can be switched to Prime Light Beam or Mortar Kit. I just used Supply crate out of fun.

Condition cleanse is nice, but not great. Use the super elixir light field followed by some blasts and med kit #3 for clears.Also be Aware that although 39% crit chance looks like a low value the crit chance is increased by bleeding and fury, leading to 70+% crit Chance depending on where you are on the map.

• 3 weeks later...

I already try a condi Holo in roaming, with same traits or near. It was fun with pistol #4 and #5, holo #4, the light beam and the trait solar lens erc, great burst ...But I was already underperforming, then they nerf thermal vision and change pistols; it was the final sod. Tools + holo is so strong, so symbiotic, Alchemy/elixir + tools so OP, Damage boosts with vigor and Laser's edge so smooth ... it's so easy/high reward that the effort to try hard core engi or condi is inconsequent.Not a wide range of condis, most of them too centered on duration and not stacks, you could burst an afk player in 2sec with 10-14 Burnings as it can be endless because you can't put enough pressure/stacks, cripple, chilled etc.May be I did it bad, but I would like a footage more than a theorycraft.

Ok, if you give me some time I will try to get a Video for you on YT (I am not used to it and do not have much time to Play atm so it may take a while).But I won't make a "cherry-picking" Video, so don't expect to get a footage of 3+v1 wins only like many of those other "Play 1000 hours, take the best 30min" Videos out there. It will mainly be solid 1v1 + 2v1 fighting.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you're still Masochist, but I am:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqanUUB1XhlXBGYBcJjF2CrfNGHrjghoTUAQcjEjeCA-jVhWwA4UC6U9HIK/As/wM9AiBoK-wSanguine Array + Sharpshooter + sigil of earth + Compounding medicals have good synergy, it's better than Chemical Rounds.For runes I don't know, I tried Berserker, Adventurer, Elementalist ... it's near equivalent; I would like to try Rage to get perma fury (and so +150ferocity)

Yes I am too, but the 2v2 PvP tournament is in the way of condi-roaming^^ don't wanna Play with too many builds at once and celestial engi in PvP is meh....Your build Looks fun!Ah so you take in sanguine Array for additional healing, rather then for additional damage? Interesting! But it only works well for fast hits (Holo 4?) and pistol Auto... for everything else sanguine Array is not that much of a benefit right?

Archived