Brutal Momentum

Exalted Quality.8534

Following along with the recent change to Righteous Rebel, they should make Brutal Momentum provide 6% critical chance (or the precision equivalent) per stack of Kalla’s Fervor. The net result at the maximum would be 3% lower than the current trait (33%) , but you would not lose it after dodging.

This would provide some much needed tie in with the Kalla’s Fervor mechanic.

It’s pretty hard to not have max stacks for this trait. Do you actually think this would be balanced?

Right now, the trait offers a massive damage boost at the cost of using your dodges. It has great risk vs. reward, as offensive power is gained but lost for defensive agency.

Your suggestion is pretty OP and unbalanced in my opinion.

@"Julius Seizure.4985" said:It’s pretty hard to not have max stacks for this trait. Do you actually think this would be balanced?

Right now, the trait offers a massive damage boost at the cost of using your dodges. It has great risk vs. reward, as offensive power is gained but lost for defensive agency.

Your suggestion is pretty OP and unbalanced in my opinion.

I don't think it's as OP as you make it out to be. You will still need to build up Kalla Fervor(as trivial as that is) so you're under crit cap at the start of an engagement. This allows power renegades to build for more Vitality, possibly Valk gear to make up for the +10% hp you get from glint. You also don't get the +dmg modifiers Glint offers. I think it would also offset the need for Roiling Mists and promote more diversity. Maybe more people would actually take Song of the Mists. Either way, Glint is hard to pass on in PvP/WvW for all it offers(good heal, +concentration, +10% hp, +dmg modifiers) so I don't see how this change is OP. If you're at full endurance, you're not being targeted so I don't get the "risk vs reward" comparison. If scholar runes requires you to be at full HP, than this trait is currently the endurance version of that. Great at the start, or when you're not focused, useless 98% of the fight.

I think engi had a very similar trait. They reworked it because its very dumb.

Risk vs reward..... Not really. The reward should be dodging to promote active gameplay not encourage standing still and pew pew.

I think this trait should just be here is 15% extra crit and thats it.

Even 5% per stack would be better than the current trait. To have 33% less crit chance just for dodging is pretty dumb. It’s not risk vs reward, it’s poor design.

Not to mention the entire traitline has been meh since it was launched with very few changes since. I wouldn’t be opposed to making KF harder to build/maintain somehow, because I agree it’s too easy. But renegade at its best has one of the slowest ramp up times, so would this change really make it OP? Nah.

Hell No, that is one of the good mechanics that has a reasonable splitting between skill floor and ceiling. Making it essentially a permanent boost will just make it another unskilled passive BS the game is already littered with.

Not to mention for a passive buff (one has to be really unskilled to not be able to max it in few sec and keep it there) the numbers suggested are too high and would need to be halved.

Archived