Gem Store Recurring Issue

@ArenaNet So with this whole issue of a plethora of accounts ( Including mine and 3 out of the 5 friends that are attempting to come back to the game after a hiatus ) being unable to use ANY payment method to buy gems, has anyone found some sort of workaround aside from submitting a ticket? I submitted one 2 or 3 days ago now, and it hasn't been looked at or even touched according to the "Update" log. From what I have read, there was some huge backlog a few months ago, but was apparently supposed to have been caught up. It's just frustrating trying to buy some of these 3-day limited items, and being unable to give my money to ArenaNet...

Also, I haven't really been able to find a statement in any of the related threads about what exactly is causing the issue to begin with- it's something that occurs before the PayPal/Credit Card company is pinged, as my failed attempts to purchase Gems haven't shown up on either. I get that I'm being impatient, but when so many people seem to be having this same issue with purchasing ( and giving ANet revenue.. ) in-game content, you'd think there would be some sort of official statement on how/why it is happening and what is being done to fix the ongoing issue.

Other Info Edit:

1. Tried clearing GW2 Cache
  2. Account is not new, has been around since pre-release
  3. PayPal, Master Card, and VISA all tested
  4. Occasionally gets the "This offer is not available" error instead of the really quick, "Unfortunately.." error.
  5. Bought gems ~1 week ago, no issues whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Similar problem here. Fill out all the info in game. Click next and the purchase screen closes without any message or confirmation. 8 hours later there is no email or in game mail, just nothing. I have no idea if it went through or not. It didn't say there was an error or anything. Gem buy window just closed after I clicked confirm and nothing.It did however keep all my CC info on that screen.. so.. what a mess lol

@Ulster.9714 said:Similar problem here. Fill out all the info in game. Click next and the purchase screen closes without any message or confirmation. 8 hours later there is no email or in game mail, just nothing. I have no idea if it went through or not. It didn't say there was an error or anything. Gem buy window just closed after I clicked confirm and nothing.It did however keep all my CC info on that screen.. so.. what a mess lol

tried it again with paypal and it went right through. hopefully I won't get charged twice..

@Ulster.9714 said:Similar problem here. Fill out all the info in game. Click next and the purchase screen closes without any message or confirmation. 8 hours later there is no email or in game mail, just nothing. I have no idea if it went through or not. It didn't say there was an error or anything. Gem buy window just closed after I clicked confirm and nothing.It did however keep all my CC info on that screen.. so.. what a mess lol

tried it again with paypal and it went right through. hopefully I won't get charged twice..

I've tried to buy gems (in game) yesterday and today with a credit card that has previously worked just fine. I get to the screen when the transactions should be processed and confirmed but it just goes back to the first screen when I choose the abount of gems I want. I get no email about my attenpted purchase nor do it show up on my credit cards log of purchases. I made several tries while poking around in my credit cards settings for online purchases but it doesn't seem to matter. So the problem seems to still be around. :/

i too have the same issue. i have tried all of the methods the OP has made to purchase gems and non of them work. paypal does not even let me get to the sign in page, and all of my credit/debit cards tested return with an "error" message and i am not charged. i have checked all of my banks and credit card companies and there are no stop from them. i have opened a ticket yesterday and was emailed back today saying that they would look into my purchase attemps.

i would like to know if anyone at all has been able to purchase gems within the last week and how they were able to do so.

Same here, my wife and me tried buying gems via credit card yesterday and everytime an error occured. Same card we used serveral times already with no issues.Pretty anoying since we decided to use a part of my xmas-bonus to gift ourselves some gems, especially with the BLC-Key offer that is up right now.

I will certainly not file a support ticket for this issue though, since out of personal experience the support is terribly overwhelmed whit payment issues... won't go through that fuzz again. Also, the increasing number of such posts over the last few months indicates there's a major issue on their side anyway, which they should be more than interested in solving anyway.Until then, if A.Net doesn't want my money, so be it.

€: tried again, still not working. Strange thing I observed was, that I don't had every payment option available each time. First time I opened the buy gems tab, only the first 3 options showed up (credit card, paypal, paysave card). Tried credit card, didn't work (an error occured, blah....). Tried again a few moments later, suddenly all 5 options were shown again (including online banking and direct debit). Still not working though...

Archived