Gem Store Recurring Issue — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gem Store Recurring Issue

Chevelier.7908Chevelier.7908 Member
edited November 8, 2018 in Account & Technical Support

@ArenaNet So with this whole issue of a plethora of accounts ( Including mine and 3 out of the 5 friends that are attempting to come back to the game after a hiatus ) being unable to use ANY payment method to buy gems, has anyone found some sort of workaround aside from submitting a ticket? I submitted one 2 or 3 days ago now, and it hasn't been looked at or even touched according to the "Update" log. From what I have read, there was some huge backlog a few months ago, but was apparently supposed to have been caught up. It's just frustrating trying to buy some of these 3-day limited items, and being unable to give my money to ArenaNet...

Also, I haven't really been able to find a statement in any of the related threads about what exactly is causing the issue to begin with- it's something that occurs before the PayPal/Credit Card company is pinged, as my failed attempts to purchase Gems haven't shown up on either. I get that I'm being impatient, but when so many people seem to be having this same issue with purchasing ( and giving ANet revenue.. ) in-game content, you'd think there would be some sort of official statement on how/why it is happening and what is being done to fix the ongoing issue.

Other Info Edit:
1. Tried clearing GW2 Cache
2. Account is not new, has been around since pre-release
3. PayPal, Master Card, and VISA all tested
4. Occasionally gets the "This offer is not available" error instead of the really quick, "Unfortunately.." error.
5. Bought gems ~1 week ago, no issues whatsoever.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.