New Player Guide on Wiki

Gulbasaur.1865

Hey,

I like the concept of creating a FAQ, or a start guide for new players and I hope it will help a lot of people get into the game a bit easier, I know when I started it was horrendously confusing and I felt a bit lost with some things.

If you don't mind I'd like to provide a little constructive criticsms or rather just my opinion on the post? I am just curious of the writing style you were going for, it seems to swap alot between the general writing style of the wiki, in being very methodical and the langauge being used as very instructive and informative, then it seems to swap to a rather emotive language that sounds like you best bud is talking to you. For me itself, it kind of turns me off it because of that switch, I doubt it would for a lot of people, but for me its just a little bit confusing.

PvP and WvW the sections seem rather small, I think a good point to add is that you automatically "become lvl 80" for those game modes I know a lot of people who think they can't join until 80 so it may be useful to add that little tid bit of information in.

Honestly overall I think a guide is always a good idea and I hope moving forward you are looking tp update and refine it. Let me know if you do want some other opinions and I will have a good read.

Cheers,OldManPingu

Thanks - feedback is always helpful. It's something of a working draft.

About the tone - yes, fair point. I'm a teacher by profession, so I was kind of thinking about how I'd make it approachable to one of my students but nobody gets it right first time.

I'll add the PvP and WvW level adjustment part it. Good point, and thanks!

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:Thanks - feedback is always helpful. It's something of a working draft.

About the tone - yes, fair point. I'm a teacher by profession, so I was kind of thinking about how I'd make it approachable to one of my students but nobody gets it right first time.

I'll add the PvP and WvW level adjustment part it. Good point, and thanks!

Haha odd I used to be a teacher, hence why I tried to structure my feedback, but sure I'll have a good look through and have some thoughts

Archived