[PvE] Things I would like to improve for engi on next balance patches.

Lunateric.3708

They are pretty minor things that mostly focus on QoL improvements over skills and traitlines we engis often use:

• Flame Blast (FT2) should act like a targeted AoE instead of a two key press skill and mimic Phoenix's (Fire Scepter 3 for elementalists) behavior for the trail portion of damage, alternatively just make the explosion do the damage. This has been asked several times by several engi mains and it's mostly aimed to remove the unreliable behavior and clunkiness of the skill since it's one of the strongest contributions to burning damage the kit has other than napalm.
  • Explosives traitline has two traits competing for the same niche - Glass Cannon and Blasting Zone - and that kinda nullifies a lot of the extra utility that the latter brings through blasts while also killing the trait variety for that particular tier. You could change one so it affects conditions instead or move them around, whatever lets us see more of the added bonus of sharing a bit of might as engineers through huge access to blast finishers.
  • Shrapnel, Sharpshooter and random proc skills in general, Balance team has been moving away from skills (spirits for example), runes and sigils (latest revamp) that proc randomly and that's something I am VERY happy about. What if shrapnel proc'd on every third explosion?, what if Sharpshooter did the same on every third critical or just follow current Sigil of Earth's behavior?

There are many more things to discuss (Scrapper for example) but I wanted to keep it simple, even if it's not addressed at all over time.

Archived