Playing on a 2009 MacBook pro

I have a 500gb HDD, 2.26ghz Intel core 2 duo, 8 GB 1067MHz ddr3, and an nvidia GeForce 9400M 256MB graphics card. The game plays decently some times but others it freezes and I have to reboot several times in the worst case or just has bad lag. Is there any hardware that I can install or run along side to improve game play?

You are running on an almost 10 year old laptop. Based on https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements, it appears that your laptop is below the requirements for both the CPU & graphics.Laptops generally are not upgradeable, except by buying a new laptop. The only think you can likely do with that setup is make sure that all graphics settings are minimized/things set for best performance. However, certain activities with lots of players may still be an issue even then, so the only thing you can really do there is try to avoid massive groups of players - that would limit your gameplay, but depending on your game style/what you want, may be a possible tradeoff.

Archived