[TIP] Wintersday Patch, remove ArcDPS if you are having fps dips or unresponsive client with mounts

Thanks! I was getting unplayable framerates in any map that had weather effects (DR + Bitterfrost w/snow, Sandswept Isles w/rain) ever since the patch, didn't even think that an outdated ArcDPS was at fault. Normally for me, not immediately updating Arc only results in the meter itself not working properly, so it's not necessarily high priority for me to download the latest...never had it cause major performance issues until now.

@hoostrax.7284 said:Thanks! I was getting unplayable framerates in any map that had weather effects (DR + Bitterfrost w/snow, Sandswept Isles w/rain) ever since the patch, didn't even think that an outdated ArcDPS was at fault. Normally for me, not immediately updating Arc only results in the meter itself not working properly, so it's not necessarily high priority for me to download the latest...never had it cause major performance issues until now.

There was a patch around mid this year, which crashes game (black screen and gw2.exe process disappears) immediately as you load into any map if you have arcdps on

Archived