Necromancer Elite Specialization Idea: Wraith

Cambot.8132

I know that the concept of a wraith has probably been recommended many times before...so here is my take on it! :)

I got the skill/trait symbols off of the GW1 wiki and recolored them. The artwork is something I found off of Pinterest, link is provided in the picture. Let me know what you think!

I posted this on Reddit...so that is what the link takes you too! :Dv3gma4rdbs421.jpg

I commented on Reddit but would like to share my thoughts here too.

I love your presentation. Great job.

Regarding the spec itself, the overall concept of being mobile and single target focused is great as gosh we've had too much AOE on necro.

However, since we are losing shroud as a 2nd HP bar, I feel that we will need a lot more mobility and damage prevention than what you've proposed.

Core necro has suffered from chronic lack of mobility and for a new spec to become mobile based, the spec itself needs to provide very mobile skills since the core is weak.

The only notable Mobility skill on your spec is sword 2. And even that is weak at 600 range. On other classes that might be decent as they have other mobility weapons/skills to depend on. On a necro? Totally insufficient to change it into a mobile spec. This isn't very different from our Reaper having shroud 2 as its only mobility skill and look how easily we are kited.

The other 'mobile' skills I see like traited exorcism and shadow rush are all great and fun ideas but they are conditional mobilities similar to our spectral walk and wurm which kills the effectiveness of mobility builds.

There are also not enough evade/invis options in the spec to prevent or negate attacks.As mentioned above, core necro is fundamentally weak defensively when it loses its shroud and so the elite spec needs to cover damage negation heavily. Look at Scourge for example. Almost every skill throws out barrier as a means to negate damage due to the loss of shroud.

Your ideas are great. But they all need to have evade or invis and more mobility added in every class and utility skill because core necro has nothing to offer defense wise unlike other classes.

Archived