Calling all core engi's! [WvW]

DemonSeed.3528

I'm quite comfortable with the scrapper and holosmith builds I play around with, so I've been trying to play around more with core. I usually use a gadgeteer alchemy/tools/inventions pistol/shield build, but I'm interested in builds anyone here has had fun/success with. I don't mind if it's power/hybrid/condi - I'm open to trying everything even if it's simple or challenging. Thanks!

@VacuumCleaner.4698 said:For a long time I ran around as a celestial rifle engi with firearms/inventions/explosives and rocketboots/grenadekit/toolkit/mortar kit. Had quite a bit of fun with it until I found out how much easier it is to activate holo mode...

Haha, I hear ya. I feel like being on core doesn't lay enough pressure these days with the overwhelming need to survive in current balance climate.

Running core condi engi with:

• Firearms / Tools (Gadgeteer) / Alchemy
  • Gear is Apothecary up to ~1000 Healing power, rest with Trailblazer
  • Pistol/Pistol
  • Med Kit, Elixir U, Rocket Boots, Elixir Gun, Supply Crate (mainly due to the emergency all-condi-remove on F5 toolbelt)

Crazy sustain and support with Med Kit (nice scaling with healing power), Elixir Gun and passive traits.Fairly good MobilityWeakness I: ranged Spikes such as pewpew rangers and full dps reapers.Wekaness II: not very high damage Output. Neverending fights possible against oponents with a lot of condi clears, e.g. weavers.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:Running core condi engi with:

• Firearms / Tools (Gadgeteer) / Alchemy
  • Gear is Apothecary up to ~1000 Healing power, rest with Trailblazer
  • Pistol/Pistol
  • Med Kit, Elixir U, Rocket Boots, Elixir Gun, Supply Crate (mainly due to the emergency all-condi-remove on F5 toolbelt)

Crazy sustain and support with Med Kit (nice scaling with healing power), Elixir Gun and passive traits.Fairly good MobilityWeakness I: ranged Spikes such as pewpew rangers and full dps reapers.Wekaness II: not very high damage Output. Neverending fights possible against oponents with a lot of condi clears, e.g. weavers.

Thanks, I will try this out in a moment, I think I should have most of those stats on spare gear. Are there any traits you use in particular that needs to be for this build?

Update: how are you surviving with the medkit? Besides the nice heal on f1 and doing quick switches in and out of the kit, it always ends up being the death of me so the only time I switch into it is to drop 3&5 and get out of it. Actually, I forget to ask, are you using this in solo roaming or any specific scenario?

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Thanks, I will try this out in a moment, I think I should have most of those stats on spare gear. Are there any traits you use in particular that needs to be for this build?

Update: how are you surviving with the medkit? Besides the nice heal on f1 and doing quick switches in and out of the kit, it always ends up being the death of me so the only time I switch into it is to drop 3&5 and get out of it. Actually, I forget to ask, are you using this in solo roaming or any specific scenario?

Solo roaming. And ofc as for all engi builds.... if you don't Chose holosmith it gets much harder to be on equal level^^

Concerning traits, I don't run any fancy selections of those traitlines, just the usual stuff. On Tools you can either Chose streamlined kits or the stealth-uncover, however I usually run streamlined kits due to the glue on elixir gun, or the magnet Aura on med kit and the perma swiftness.

Med Kit is really a matter of excercise, I also died a loot in the beginning :) Don't Forget to use #4 as it heals for almost 2k with 1/4s cast time, so you won't get interrupted on that!MedKit 3 is used either as condi cleanse or if against power enemies spare it up until you can put in additional blast finishers (elixir gun 4 - leap aborted and/or rocket boots).

If I Need burst Heal I usually do the following: Med Kit 4+3+Elixir Gun 4 (Abort leap)+rocket boots to safety+F1, summing up to approx 10-11k heal (or rocket boot to safety FIRST and do all the healing there) and if necessary and off CD the F5 toolbelt to collect a few bandages. Med Kit 5 is often on CD as I use it in the beginning of a fight for relatively long regen+vigor Duration.However, what I prefer on med kit is that you can also have constant health supply by using Med Kit 4, Elixir Gun 5 and F1 toolbelt in a rotating manner adding in F5 toolbelt for additional bandages and Med Kit 3 with Blasts. I know, there are a lot of Buttons to press^^ but this is normal for core engi right? And it also works far better for condi engi where you can add your condis and heal up while the enemy has to remove the condis or heal up himself.

Med Kit IMHO shines with enough healing power due to the good scaling and I think it also exceeds the heal turret as turret basically is a single-heal-condiremove-waterfield (and the short water on F1) while med Kit provides several skills for healing inbetween the condi skills.

If you face condi enemies use med kit 3 (cleanse 4 condis), elixir gun + 2 blasts (clears 3 condis), and F5 toolbelt (clears all condis) only to clear hard ticking conditions and use your rocket boots to escape dangerous condi fields. You can easily outheal lower ticks such as a few burning/bleeding/torment stacks.If you get trapped in e.g. a scourge field or have a good covered condi spike applied you can just drop F5. If it is on CD then you can also drop all condi clears and rocket-boot to add distance to heal up there.

@Prinzsecond.4863 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Thanks, I will try this out in a moment, I think I should have most of those stats on spare gear. Are there any traits you use in particular that needs to be for this build?

Solo roaming. And ofc as for all engi builds.... if you don't Chose holosmith it gets much harder to be on equal level^^

Concerning traits, I don't run any fancy selections of those traitlines, just the usual stuff. On Tools you can either Chose streamlined kits or the stealth-uncover, however I usually run streamlined kits due to the glue on elixir gun, or the magnet Aura on med kit and the perma swiftness.

Med Kit is really a matter of excercise, I also died a loot in the beginning :) Don't Forget to use #4 as it heals for almost 2k with 1/4s cast time, so you won't get interrupted on that!MedKit 3 is used either as condi cleanse or if against power enemies spare it up until you can put in additional blast finishers (elixir gun 4 - leap aborted and/or rocket boots).

If I Need burst Heal I usually do the following: Med Kit 4+3+Elixir Gun 4 (Abort leap)+rocket boots to safety+F1, summing up to approx 10-11k heal (or rocket boot to safety FIRST and do all the healing there) and if necessary and off CD the F5 toolbelt to collect a few bandages. Med Kit 5 is often on CD as I use it in the beginning of a fight for relatively long regen+vigor Duration.However, what I prefer on med kit is that you can also have constant health supply by using Med Kit 4, Elixir Gun 5 and F1 toolbelt in a rotating manner adding in F5 toolbelt for additional bandages and Med Kit 3 with Blasts. I know, there are a lot of Buttons to press^^ but this is normal for core engi right? And it also works far better for condi engi where you can add your condis and heal up while the enemy has to remove the condis or heal up himself.

Med Kit IMHO shines with enough healing power due to the good scaling and I think it also exceeds the heal turret as turret basically is a single-heal-condiremove-waterfield (and the short water on F1) while med Kit provides several skills for healing inbetween the condi skills.

If you face condi enemies use med kit 3 (cleanse 4 condis), elixir gun + 2 blasts (clears 3 condis), and F5 toolbelt (clears all condis) only to clear hard ticking conditions and use your rocket boots to escape dangerous condi fields. You can easily outheal lower ticks such as a few burning/bleeding/torment stacks.If you get trapped in e.g. a scourge field or have a good covered condi spike applied you can just drop F5. If it is on CD then you can also drop all condi clears and rocket-boot to add distance to heal up there.

Ooh, I really like the description in your explanation - thanks for this I really appreciate it. It gives me more insight to how you play it, and at the least what I should/shouldn't be doing. Usually I don't get this lucky with explanations. I will be trying more with this build, as I always find it a fun challenge to at least improve in something that may be working for others (also I kind of get antsy if I leave out core whilst having hot/pof builds, need to complete the circle). I just need to get used to this medkit as this is probably the only thing I've used the least lol. Thanks again!

Archived