HOPE IV Collection commander cores in Dragon's Stand did not drop.

Two weeks ago I completed a Northern Blighting Tower and the Mouth and received the Stavemaster's Core and Mordremoth's Core for the HOPE IV collection.

Last weekend I attempted to get the Blademaster's Core and possibly the Axemaster's Core, but they didn't drop.

After a VERY frustrating support ticket, where there were multiple back and forth replies in which the GM gave me erroneous information initially, the GM finally responded with this;"Unfortunately, we are unable to grant you the Cores. We apologize for the inconvenience, and would advise that you attempt the event again.We have found that the best way for the Development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through the official forums. We ask and encourage players to post their ideas in our forums"

I killed the mob(s) in question, the Blademaster AND then I helped with the Axemaster, I killed other mobs in the same event, I had the item to combine the collection items I was working on in a regular bag (not shared and not invis). According to the achievement description AND the wiki (which the GM linked me by the way, as if it was an "official" source) I should have received not just one but BOTH cores I was looking for, but received NONE, and thus would have been finished with this lengthy (and frankly un-fun collection).

One of the reasons I waited so long to do this collection is so the bugs could be ironed out, as I was well aware of the collection issues that persisted for almost a year after HoT. I didn't count on the fact that there is no point in fixing things that nobody is doing.

The MOST frustrating thing is that the solution proposed is to attempt the event again. A complete disrespect to my personal time. In addition, attempting the event again does not guarantee success, adding further insult. I have already taken significant time doing what I was supposed to do to get the items, trying to inform Anet of an issue with their game (support ticket), trying again to inform Anet of an issue with their game (this post), and now I'm expected to randomly HOPE (so ironic) for drops.

Finally, the Support Ticket process was very dissatisfying in this instance. That process may need review and updating.

Drecian.4508; Can't try your suggestion, because I already have the Staffmaster Core and the Moredremoth Core. Also, I did try to hit both remaining commanders and didn't receive a drop from either.

Inculpatus cedo.9234; If I had received the items on any character, they would be marked as collected in the achievement, which they are clearly not. Also, it would be impossible as I have only been to Dragon's Stand on one character since acquiring the Catalytic Converter.

Sol,

I'm going to piggy-back off of Inculpatus' comment and say -- if you use gw2efficiency.com, do a search on your ENTIRE account for "Blademaster" (no quotes). See if anything is found. Also try searching for "Axemaster." I've had some weird stuff happen where items found themselves "elsewhere", i.e. - into my bank, and searching gw2efficiency helped me locate them.

Piggy-back#2 - I know it'll suck, but take a different toon into Dragon Stand and complete the tasks. Perhaps the toon you used is bugged in someway. Also, Wiki says the following:

• Once the Incomplete Catalytic Converter has been unlocked, this item can be obtained on any character, the Converter does not need to be in your character's inventory
  • The Core is given once all three commanders are slain.

I bolded the key parts. So try doing the tasks with **and*** without the converter in your inventory. And make sure ALL 3 commanders die, i.e. a successful DS including killing Modremoth.

I hope something works for you! :smile:

All,I do appreciate the suggestions thus far. Thanks for replying at all!

Krypto.2069,I do use gw2efficiency and no blademaster or axemaster objects are in my account anywhere.
All three commanders were slain and I completed the Mouth for the second time hoping that the cores might show up after the event was all over.

I will try a different character without the converter next and see what happens.

After three plus years though, why are there still issues like this? Seems disrespectful to players.

Got in a Dragon's Stand today, pretty sparsely attended actually, and did center lane on a different character and not having the converter in my inventory and got the Blademaster's Core.

Unfortunately, center lane was the lowest DPS and I couldn't abandon them to tag the south commander. Will have to try again some other time.

Making progress though. Wish it would have worked the first time.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...