Wanted: Halloween Art!

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey there,

It's no surprise that we have a Halloween in-game festival every year. Nor is it a surprise that the October edition of Community Showcase Live features Halloween.

I'm putting out the call for Halloween art this week. Yes, that's before the festival. Heck, that's before the festival is even announced. But in order to curate the art, create notes, build a slide deck, and get the show recorded, I need to start early in the month.

So artist, creators, crafters, and other talented people: Please share your Halloween-related art on guildwars2.tumblr.com/ using # GW2 Fan Submission as your hashtag or post a link here on the forums. I'm excited about this fall-ish, Halloween-y, spooooooky season, and can't want to see what you've created!

Here's last year's show!

Oh, oh!I would like to submit the fan video i made for the Aurora Glade PvE Special Interests Group Horrorween Event last year!There was a lot of collabouration from CMAJ and the GW2 CommunityIts a really great annual event, with lots of role play and fun competitions spread over several hours. (apologies for the 20min video, but it was condensed down from 7hours of footage)

"AboutCome one, come all to Tyria’s oldest player run event! (2016 marks it’s 11th consecutive year) The Snowman King and her majesty Mad Queen Malafide cordially invite you all to attend the King and Queen’s Horrorween 2016! A grand Halloween caper to fright and delight! Featuring the famous costume contests, live in-game bands and fan favorite activities you have all come to know and love! It is not be missed, there is something for everyone."

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey CR. I was aware of that video last year, and it's great. We won't be featuring it, because it's 20 minutes long, but I AM going to do a callout for it. Thanks for posting it here, so I can point people to this thread and they can enjoy all that video goodness!

• 2 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

@Ambrosia.9120 said:Sorry if it's late, i just saw this post yesterday =) Spooky mounts want candy! Griffon got into some tonics I think. I want to do a Zombie Raptor and Mummy Jackal... next time!MpLvp9I.png

I love this! I already selected art for this year's show, but nothing gives me greater pleasure than to know I have some kick-skritt art for next year's show, all ready to pop into the Halloween Episode! Thanks for the cute piece!

• ArenaNet Staff

@NeilChapman.5902 said:So, I put this Halloween video together.I hope it can be considered for the halloween community showcase.Anyway, enjoy :)

I love this SO much! I wish I'd had it earlier, but believe you me, I can't wait to show it off on next Halloween's show!

• ArenaNet Staff

@del.4068 said:Ah, submitting Halloween Art for this thing is over now?

I look for good art all year, every year. I've pulled in art from four years ago, and I am already building the catalogue for Halloween 2018, so while something submitted today would not be in Wednesday's show, I love having the option of featuring it next year or in years to come!!

Aaah! I finished the art piece I was working on, so I decided to share it (even though if it's late)!

Trick'o'Treat!tumblr_oydqh4yHwY1u48nhxo1_540.pngMy sylvari ‘Sapling Iole’ [eol] as a Salad Fairy and doing Trick’o’Treat at her first Halloween! She has choya pups as adopted siblings, and her adoptive dads (my friends/guildies), @lisipuska.6487’s Basil and @Calleo.1708’s Ysgall with Basil’s fern hound Icharus, in the background supervising their children who are constantly on sugar rush already.

Iole was awakened from a damaged pod, therefore her mental and physical growth was incomplete. That’s why she is so tiny. She shaped her own clothes and 'wings’ after her first visit to Divinity’s Reach, she found a book in library and looked at the pretty pictures of fairies. It kinda fit to the theme of Halloween so she stayed with her usual look BUT she of course made costumes for her choya siblings.

Wheee! \o/

Archived