Gfx settings vs nameplate render distance — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gfx settings vs nameplate render distance

DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there some graphics option that affects the render distance of nameplates? I'm asking because in the last month or so, quite frequently nameplates for allies/enemies do not pop up until I am literally on top of them or within 240 range which as you know is never a good thing. If anyone knows, please tell me because this sucks :P

Comments

• wanya.1697wanya.1697 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

Show all names settings and WvW Simple Nameplates would be the option to look at I guess
    sometimes renameing local.dat to rebuild it mysteriously helps too its in %appdata%/Guild Wars 2

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019

Nah, I'm using simple name plates. Names don't pop up until I'm extremely close up now, not sure what's borked. I've rebuilt new local.dat and cleared gw2cache to check recently but it wasn't that either, so I'll try repair option.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.