Wing 1, Wing2, Wing 3 - Balthazar plot to get ressurected !?

nilpsouza.7896

Balthazar didn't. He took advantage of the failure to revive Lazarus.

Though it's possible he was manipulating Justiciar Bauer, who helped make the revival a failure for Caudecus, there's no strong evidence of such. It's left in the dark.

But as best we know, Balthazar had nothing to do with the Forsaken Thicket activities. Xera had been planning on reviving Lazarus for years, and Caudecus - through Bauer - made it fail by stealing an aspect (how this caused a failure is hard to believe given Lazarus can exist without all his aspects as per GW1 - I guess a difference in what he implanted an aspect in caused a difference in how to revive).

If it weren't for Caudecus, then we don't really know if Balthazar could have or would have pretended to be Lazarus. Too many unknowns (plot holes) for Balthazar's disguise there.

After defeat Xera, we have seen a mechanism with a hole to accomodatte a body. Later, on the last season 3 chapter we face the ritual which ressurected Lazurus. Its really strange and completlly different ways, which doesnt match, is neither something similar with eachother. So how the act of ressurect Lazurus (By Xera POI), could be so different from the real one? Who was in that machine we see after defeat Xera ?

As I understand it, Xera was trying to revive Lazarus but couldn't so she tried to solve the problem with "instill him with more magic!" and used bloodstones to do so. That 'mechanism' always came off to me as being intended for when Lazarus was resurrected so he can become more powerful, rather than being for the act of resurrection (particularly since he was in objects not people like before).

Xera's dialogue makes it clear that she never got to see "Lazarus" (real or fake) in her life. She was just so confident, however, that he would resurrect while she kept us at bay.

I'm going to go ahead and call this what it is: a huge, gaping plot hole.

From One Path Ends:

: Do we have to do some kind of spell?Exemplar Kerida: Not according to legend. The fact that the aspects are all in proximity should trigger them to merge... any time now.Alright, so basically if you have all of Lazarus' aspects you just nudge them together and they're automatically run Resurrection.exe or... whatever. But wait, didn't the White Mantle already have all the pieces...? Yes. Yes, they did.Justiciar Bauer wrote to Caudecus saying:"Confessor, It wasn't easy, but I managed to swap the artifacts as you requested—just in time, too. Xera took off north without so much as a word."But hold on, the White Mantle already had all the pieces and were convinced that they had to be recombined with a body, hence the stasis chamber with a body shaped cavity in it. Surely they would have tried nudging all the pieces together after they found them? But ah-ha! Caudecus had a man on the inside, maybe he switched the pieces before all of them could be brought together...?Except... No he didn't, because Bauer, the man tasked with swapping the aspects, was lying to him the whole time. In his own personal memoirs he wrote:"I have forwarded Valis's request to begin his research on the bloodstone on the confessor. Knowing the confessor's priorities, I emphasized the potential weaponization of the bloodstone's power and mentioned Operation Rebirth as only a secondary objective. I hate to be dishonest about our true intentions, but I am sure a faithful servant of the Unseen Ones such as the confessor will be forgiven when face-to-face with our god!"...So we had Bauer lying to Caudecus, because in reality he wanted Lazarus to be resurrected. But somehow, the aspects got swapped anyway? And before the White Mantle could nudge the pieces together? Also, what was the point of Operation Rebirth and all that research if an old legend said that all you had to do was place the aspects near each other? What "legend" are we even talking about here, a White Mantle legend? Because then the White Mantle would probably know and they would have tried that first.The narrative makes no sense. From what we saw in Guild Wars 1, Lazarus did not have to abandon his body to split his aspects and divide them between living followers; he didn't just disappear from existence. Whoever designed the raids was clearly not on the same page with the Living World Season 3 team because it looks like the latter went off on an entirely different direction after the raid and episode 1 journals had already been released.

Lazarus was able to exist in both body and aspect in gw1 because some aspects already joined. Operation Rebirth as I understand it was the act of gathering the aspects as well as seeing to Lazarus post resurrection. The journals also note that Bauer's god was present before raiders assaulted the keep and he wasn't surprised about it. Letters to Caudecus from Bauer also showed that Bauer knew Caudecus wasn't a believer making his journal seem suspect with his lies.

It is a bit confusing but not outright a plot hole. There are multiple explanations available.

Archived