LFG System Abuser

Devard.9315

at 1:30 servertime 13.09.2017 some random guy shuts down the whole lfg system on EU Servers, merging all kind of squads and groups randomly. any form of lfg system use is impossible.

can we get some proper lfg system options please or just lock out the merge function after 3 uses for like 5-10 min. or better remove the bloody thing...

Sorry if I'm wrong, But isn't un-checking the "Allow Member to send Invites" option make it so they can't use the merge function?But again, even If this correct, they still can merge TO your squad from another squad that have the option checked, and sometimes we want the member to have ability to invites but not merging.

I can think of three way to fix this (And hope they implement it):

1. The "Allow member to invites" checkbox should be unchecked as default
  2. Add "Allow member to merge" option and set the default as unchecked
  3. Add "Allow to be merged from another squad" option and set the default as unchecked

@akenoyuki.8210 said:Sorry if I'm wrong, But isn't un-checking the "Allow Member to send Invites" option make it so they can't use the merge function?But again, even If this correct, they still can merge TO your squad from another squad that have the option checked, and sometimes we want the member to have ability to invites but not merging.

I can think of three way to fix this (And hope they implement it):

1. The "Allow member to invites" checkbox should be unchecked as default
  2. Add "Allow member to merge" option and set the default as unchecked
  3. Add "Allow to be merged from another squad" option and set the default as unchecked

This will save a lot of goddamn headache and until implemented the merge option should just be disabled altogether. It provides no real benefit with all the downsides of these trolls merging groups. It's a minor inconvenience to disband a group and manually join another.

Can we please get some response to this from ANet; it's been going on long enough.

Archived