I wonder why i faced people with high ranking then me!

silent killer.5732

First of all right next to the player's name his rank should have appears.. To be clear about who we are up against.

Second of all if two players pre join together in the patry then they joined to a match and one of them were platinum and the other are silver or gold why they queue in match in the silver or in the gold??
Thats mismatch and its easy win for that player who ranked plat.

Could you just fix that or i should do the same by searching for low ranked player to just bully the low ranked players

@Lowlights.7021 said:theres not a large enough pvp player base for the game to match you with people of your own skill level without obnoxious queue times, sadly

Maybe a handicap system, like in golf, could be implemented.

And do you really mean that the current way MM is handled with the given amount of people isn't working.

@Lowlights.7021 said:theres not a large enough pvp player base for the game to match you with people of your own skill level without obnoxious queue times, sadly

Its still all good to me if they give the lower ranked players who won that match good amount of points . Or im ok with waiting a bit longer for queuing with players with same rank as mine

@troops.8276 said:

And do you really mean that the current way MM is handled with the given amount of people isn't working.

Not at all especially when there is two players who dueq

it depends on the time of day you queue for your matches, and like other have said the population isn't large enough for the matchmaking system they are using. Both of those and the fact that this current season is almost over so that could account for even more skewed matches than normal.

@silent killer.5732 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Yes, I cant personally see how any system will cope with duoq, especially when there is a huge disparity in elo. Where would you put a duoq of low bronze and high plat? Unless there happens to be another identical team qued at the same time.

But I still think it could be handled better none the less.

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Yes, I cant personally see how any system will cope with duoq, especially when there is a huge disparity in elo. Where would you put a duoq of low bronze and high plat? Unless there happens to be another identical team qued at the same time.

I would put them on plat ranked match for sureIts their choice for dueq together not our fault for being not skilled enough to face plat players

@SilentSam.1589 said:it depends on the time of day you queue for your matches, and like other have said the population isn't large enough for the matchmaking system they are using. Both of those and the fact that this current season is almost over so that could account for even more skewed matches than normal.

It might help me. I will make sure to lfm on the pubiolur time to avoiding this problem

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

I would put them on plat ranked match for sureIts their choice for dueq together not our fault for being not skilled enough to face plat players

I know but imagine the qq if Anet announced that.

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@troops.8276 said:

I know but imagine the qq if Anet announced that.

Its good punishment for those imoThen no one will do that again and everyone is happy

You would rather have the system think you shouldn't belong in your division and pair you up with bronze or unranked players? I thought the point of pvp is to test your limit and aim to become better, and what better way to do that than to compete against players better than yourself?

@Lan.1968 said:You would rather have the system think you shouldn't belong in your division and pair you up with bronze or unranked players? I thought the point of pvp is to test your limit and aim to become better, and what better way to do that than to compete against players better than yourself?

No the ranked was to put the players with same rank compete with each other and once anyone rises his rank he starts to compete with tge higher ranking player and so on

@Lan.1968 said:You would rather have the system think you shouldn't belong in your division and pair you up with bronze or unranked players? I thought the point of pvp is to test your limit and aim to become better, and what better way to do that than to compete against players better than yourself?

No the ranked was to put the players with same rank compete with each other and once anyone rises his rank he starts to compete with tge higher ranking player and so on

Even if the system placed you at the same rank as someone else (assuming we have the playerbase to do so), this does indicate that both of you are at equal strength in terms of skill, so what difference does it actually make when the system places you against someone significantly higher/lower than you? If you want to climb, then it is more beneficial for you to play against skilled players than anything else.

So you're saying the system is so awesome its trying to test our limits. On another thread you said mm in all games is busted. Which one is it?

On an aside, I actually used to do boxing at high school, as I progressed, I got to fight better and better opponents untill I found my level, maybe if I was thrown into the ring with Mike Tyson I'd have done better aye?

@Lan.1968 said:

Even if the system placed you at the same rank as someone else (assuming we have the playerbase to do so), this does indicate that both of you are at equal strength in terms of skill, so what difference does it actually make when the system places you against someone significantly higher/lower than you? If you want to climb, then it is more beneficial for you to play against skilled players than anything else.

I completely understand you and i find that good too but i speak about how unfair for those who were way underlevel the other playersAs i said before i don't mind competing with them but it should giving good amount of points if the lower ranked player has won that match

I know you are high level player and you know what is better more than i knowBut i speak my opinion and what i found unfair to me

@troops.8276 said:

So you're saying the system is so awesome its trying to test our limits. On another thread you said mm in all games is busted. Which one is it?

On an aside, I actually used to do boxing at high school, as I progressed, I got to fight better and better opponents untill I found my level, maybe if I was thrown into the ring with Mike Tyson I'd have done better aye?

When did I compliment the system for testing our limits? I'm simply telling you guys to adapt and have the discipline to look for a more optimistic outcome than thinking the world ended.

If you had Mike Tyson as your sparring partner, you'd thank god for giving you the rare opportunity to learn from the best rather than progressing normally and possibly stagnate. If anything, you'd be boxing professionally instead of playing gw2 if that sort of talent was available for you.

@troops.8276 said:

That's exactly what I meant

By speaking about other games i was playing mobile games and i barely saw this mismatching on their matching sestem.

About this pvp i pointed out the problem in my opinion.. And it was the people who dueq together they are the main problem i believe.

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

When did I compliment the system for testing our limits? I'm simply telling you guys to adapt and have the discipline to look for a more optimistic outcome than thinking the world ended.

If you had Mike Tyson as your sparring partner, you'd thank god for giving you the rare opportunity to learn from the best rather than progressing normally and possibly stagnate. If anything, you'd be boxing professionally instead of playing gw2 if that sort of talent was available for you.

Touche

But "the system matching you with better players to improve" does rather implies its doing something effectively and deliberately and therefore working.

Also, I never said spar with....

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Touche

But "the system matching you with better players to improve" does rather implies its doing something effectively and deliberately and therefore working.

if you're thinking of anything other than sparring when you fight mike tyson, then thats you overestimating your own abilities. if you think the mm system is helping you improve, then you can consider it as a function system, but technically the system isn't working as intended due to lack of player base. The problem doesn't lie with the system itself, but the community either don't enjoy pvp or complain too much about it that they're driving other players away.

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Touche

if you're thinking of anything other than sparring when you fight mike tyson, then thats you overestimating your own abilities. if you think the mm system is helping you improve, then you can consider it as a function system, but technically the system isn't working as intended due to lack of player base. The problem doesn't lie with the system itself, but the community either don't enjoy pvp or complain too much about it that they're driving other players away.

Yes, it would be utterly absurd to think that an amateur going up against Tyson (or any match up with a huge disparity in abilities and experience really) would have any benefit to anybody. But then that's why I said it. Did you not grasp that? Can you not figure out what it was you said that prompted that comparison. And if you think being in a steamroller match in GW2 is in any way analogous with a sparring partner then well....I wish it was.

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Touche

Yes, it would be utterly absurd to think that an amateur going up against Tyson (or any match up with a huge disparity in abilities and experience really) would have any benefit to anybody. But then that's why I said it. Did you not grasp that? Can you not figure out what it was you said that prompted that comparison. And if you think being in a steamroller match in GW2 is in any way analogous with a sparring partner then well....I wish it was.

Except such a disparity would never happen because the core issue of you fighting tyson would lead you to actually getting yourself killed by accident. If you played basketball against Jordan, that in itself is a learning experience, or if you played golf with Woods, then that is also far more valuable than playing against someone near your skill level. You don't seem to understand that your losses are minuscule compared to what you've gained in situations that don't cause a near-death experience or bodily harm.

@Lan.1968 said:

We used to have more than the required player base for this to work. ANet just simply flatout keep their heads in the sands And ignored PvP and WvW for the most part. Alot of that PvP and WvW population we used to have. Have left for much greener pastures. If Anet actually developed GW2 like CCP does Eve Online.(You know that small company that started from a few trailers over a decade ago. That has one of the last successful PvP MMOs on the market.) Far as the sPvPers I believe most of them actually are playing different MOBAs now.

ANet themselves are to blame for this. ANet mostly ignored the WvW and PvP player base. And now, are we really going to sit here and act surprise. That we have huge population issues throughout both game modes. I find that more funny, then ANet's disconnection of the players actually wants and needs. :lol:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

We used to have more than the required player base for this to work. ANet just simply flatout keep their heads in the sands And ignored PvP and WvW for the most part. Alot of that PvP and WvW population we used to have. Have left for much greener pastures. If Anet actually developed GW2 like CCP does Eve Online.(You know that small company that started from a few trailers over a decade ago. That has one of the last successful PvP MMOs on the market.) Far as the sPvPers I believe most of them actually are playing different MOBAs now.

ANet themselves are to blame for this. ANet mostly ignored the WvW and PvP player base. And now, are we really going to sit here and act surprise. That we have huge population issues throughout both game modes. I find that more funny, then ANet's disconnection of the players actually wants and needs. :lol:

EVE strives in actively opting out of open world pvp if and when the player so chooses, and players are focused on that considering how the entire game is based on how you manage your finances than the action itself. If ANet had forsaken its pvp player base from the start, I'd understand the sentiment but there is no way a company would ignore a large sum of its player base for absolutely no reason.

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

@Lan.1968 said:

@troops.8276 said:

Touche

Except such a disparity would never happen because the core issue of you fighting tyson would lead you to actually getting yourself killed by accident. If you played basketball against Jordan, that in itself is a learning experience, or if you played golf with Woods, then that is also far more valuable than playing against someone near your skill level. You don't seem to understand that your losses are minuscule compared to what you've gained in situations that don't cause a near-death experience or bodily harm.

Playing against Jordan or Woods would only benefit you in the way you suggest if they actually chose to use it as an opportunity to directly teach you something otherwise it would have as about as much value as being steamrolled in sPvP.Well, apart from the whole getting to meet top sports people, which would be pretty cool.

And yes obviously I used an example that was many magnitudes greater for dramatic effect. As the Fresh Prince said "a good runs better than a bad stand any day, you think I'd fight Mike Tyson...no way"

Oh yes, and, you don't seem to understand that you do not know me or my subjective experience, yet procede to condescend as if you do. How on earth could you possibly know how I, as an individual, adapt and learn. People aren't all the same you know. The gains, for me right now, in lopsided matches are miniscule compared to that of reasonably well matched ones. So effectively I'm losing learning potential in those matches. Notice that winning doesn't even come into it. I'm not trying to be the best, or climb the ladder, just improve and learn in the way I all ways have. But hey that's just me.

Archived