The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The serial code you've entered is not valid for this region

recently won a collectors eition of gw2 and entered in the upgrade code. and I get this error message. please help

Comments

• Well, either you've got an EU edition, and trying to enter the code elsewhere, or an NA edition and trying to enter the code in the EU.

The only ones that can help you is the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below ('Submit a Ticket').

Good luck.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well I thought all editions were the same if they dident win a china ultimate edtion

• No, they were region-locked at launch, and for some time after. It sounds like a very old Serial Key (Collector's Guild Wars 2).
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2#Historical_Guild_Wars_2_Editions

• Hi yes I won it in a raffle, I logged a ticket and still haven't heard back yet

• Are you posting for someone else? Or are you trying to create another account? Because, you already have Core Tyria unlocked if you are able to post on the forums.

The CS Team allows 72 hours to respond during normal times; lately there's been high volume, so, of course, that time period is extended.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Are you posting for someone else? Or are you trying to create another account? Because, you already have Core Tyria unlocked if you are able to post on the forums.

The CS Team allows 72 hours to respond during normal times; lately there's been high volume, so, of course, that time period is extended.

Right no wonder, a core collectors edition wouldent work on a core account thats true cedo.

• yep what the've told me. thanks for the help all

@Arc DLad.2194 said:
    yep what the've told me. thanks for the help all

So did it work when you created a new account?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.