A Wintersday Lights and Sights thread — Guild Wars 2 Forums

A Wintersday Lights and Sights thread

Evon Skyfyre.9673Evon Skyfyre.9673 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 26, 2019 in Community Creations

Okay, I started our Wintersday look in August. Our leader was like "Dude, it's August..". So I waited, put stuff out to plan, then put it away. I love Christmas, the lights, the snow.Wintersday is so much fun to decorate for. Please take a moment and grab some screenshots of your own Wintersday touches. Budget is not important. Just sharing and enjoying is all that matters. Show us your stuff!! Feel free to add your screenshots to this thread :)

Okay here goes, here are our Wintersday decorations...(I removed links and added an album link, makes it easier to update with changes).

https://imgur.com/a/oQnoG2S

Comments

• Lamont.5973Lamont.5973 Member ✭✭✭

Nice. I like the idea of using the flowered latices as if they were sort of poinsettias. I won't be doing our hall till the day after thanksgiving but I'll add to the thread then.

• Evon Skyfyre.9673Evon Skyfyre.9673 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2019

@Lamont.5973 said:
    Nice. I like the idea of using the flowered latices as if they were sort of poinsettias. I won't be doing our hall till the day after thanksgiving but I'll add to the thread then.

Great! Yeah kinda lucked out on the lattices. I wanted to put snowflake platforms under each floating present, on the corners but "Too many items.. " wish they could increase that. As is, I like feeling like you are under the tree at Christmas. The castle adds a Toyland feel as well.

• Evon Skyfyre.9673Evon Skyfyre.9673 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2019

I wanted to show any thinking about making the Reindeer Sculptures the final product and something to be considered. Here is a 3 part look at the process. Once crafted (and they are not cheap to make either) you place them and... two large ice cubes are what you will see. Upon approaching them you see "Turn On". Doing so reveals the final product of a beautiful Crystal Reindeer. Once you leave your GH, they revert to ice cubes and await someone to "Turn them on". I'm not complaining, but I wish there was a way to leave them as statues and not ice cubes. As previously evidenced above, I had them in our main display but two enormous ice cubes was off putting, so I relegated them to their own "Reindeer Grotto". :)

Side note: Decorating our Guild Hall is what I like to call "Tyrian Minecraft". It's addicting, and I have spent hours upon hours doing so. I highly recommend it. :) And to answer how I get images to "float"? Gravity in the GH only effects us. Build a column, place a piece of beetle track as scaffolding, place your item, remove the scaffold. Viola! Floating items! We can also float ourselves, repeat process, and we stand in mid air, until we take a step. Skyscales are sooooooooo useful decorating, when you want a birds eye view. Happy decorating :)