What should I play next?

smoker.6731

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:Nah. Play everything else. And when you get bored, cycle to another one. Different approaches and playstyles can help with the monotony. I wouldn't recommend choosing something similar to what you just left, or the boredom may very well set on quickly again.

After playing necro, do you think Ele will be good pick. Can I do solo specially HoT content with ele? Coz with necro, its so easy and so powerful.

@smoker.6731

Survival-wise, for PvE, ele is the exact opposite of necro. However, as a disclaimer, you can build nearly anything to be able to solo, but as your second character, I would recommend you bring along allies as much as you can.

HoT mobs will give you trouble even after you've long since figured them out. And then theres the harder HPs...

Damage-wise, ele is far more requiring of outside support to surpass Reaper in typical scenarios, something in which soloing wont grant you.

I'm sure there are those more experienced than I who could elaborate further on this question.

While I love my elementalist, I'm saving her to run as a pair with a friend. Very squishy class, especially after a necromancer. I like all the classes, myself. If you want another magic user, you might try mesmer. That's my favorite class, personally, especially mirage. I use Viper stats with axe/ torch mainly, but a staff for more dodges when necessary or for open world tagging.

Ele is essentially a glass cannon and, as the poster above me just mentioned, they are a squishy class, but they also have decent dps, some good cc skills, and some decent conditions they can deal out. I will say, they are fun to play, but you will have to make good use of dodges, movement skills (ele has a few, but not overly many), healing (water element has some good healing skills), and defensive skills. I feel like I'm making it sound harder to play than it is, but you might find yourself downed a little more often as an ele than you would on a necro.

As for mesmer, I can't really comment, because I've never been able to play that class well. Personally, I main a guardian, but I like being up close and personal with my opponents, so I tend to favor the fighter types.

EDIT:If you like to play more range oriented classes, you might look at ranger. Just like every other class, ranger has some melee weapons, but they are pretty good with short bows (which do good condition damage) and longbows, (which are more dps oriented), plus you have a pet (which is like a persistent minion that you have more control over).

You might also look at engineer, which can be pretty versatile with their kits, they have turrets which are kind of like minions but stationary, have some decent cc skills, and can do a decent range of conditions. However, I have heard that in order to play engineer well, it's a button-storm class (their really good skills are spread out among their kits so you're constantly swapping between kits). Of course, I'm not very good with engineer either, so I'm not sure how accurate my description of the class is.

I play a holosmith with heal turret, thumper turret, and turret drop for elite. Generally run with elixir gun and flame thrower as my kits in open world stuff. Rifle or pistols when my forge is cooling down. It can take some getting used to, but it is a fun class as well. A mix of Marauder's and Beserker's gear keeps her from being too squishy, and if she gets downed, she is generally back up very quickly.