GW2 triggering issues with Asus Aura RGB service

I'm not sure which software is at fault, but I'm reposting this here from the Asus forums because from what I can tell the problem is only triggered by GW2.In addition to what is posted below, I've also found that it's only the initial launch of GW2 that causes this. The Asus service can be restarted while GW2 is still running, and it will continue without further issues. Whatever the cause is, it's only happening right when GW2's launcher starts.

For at least a few weeks I've noticed Aura's LightingService.exe (latest version installed by Armoury) going from it's usual 0.0-0.5% CPU usage to idling at 1-2% with spikes to 3%. Restarting the service does fix the problem, but it shows back up the instant I run Guild Wars 2's launcher (login/running game proper not needed). The CPU usage and some other related problems continue after the game is closed, until the service is restarted. GW2 has no RGB sync/interaction features that I'm aware of, and the game effects option is also disabled in Armoury.

Aside from the CPU usage increase, LightingService.exe constantly starts constantly accessing AuraHueWrapper.dll as well as several registry keys. Sysinternals Process Monitor shows under normal usage, the Aura service will occasionally generate similar events at a rate of a few hundred over a 5 minute period. After GW2 has been launched, the service starts accessing this .dll and regkeys several thousand times every second. The ARGB strips connected to the header on my TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi also occasionally flicker in this bugged state. These additional issues also go away when Lighting Service is restarted.

Original Asus forum post https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?116227-LightingService-CPU-usage-increase-triggered-by-Guild-Wars-2&p=796737#post796737