Requesting Advice Re Story Soloing for LW Season 2 and HoT

Tairgire.4836

Hi folks. I'm just looking for some input on profession choice for running through Living World Season Two and Heart of Thorns content without the ability to call in reinforcements when the going gets tough, for the instanced bits.

I've just gotten my thief to 80 and respecced her in such a way that she's doing a lot better, but some stuff is still super hard in HoT and LW Season 2. (Pretty much any situation where there are a lot of mobs at once.) I've read older posts about advice for best solo class (mostly Necro and Ranger at the top, but some folks say Thief for the mobility) for that content, but it's dated information from when that content was new and not sure it's accurate for the current situation, where most folks have moved on to PoF content.

So I've got two 80s right now -- the Thief and a Guardian. Neither has elite specs unlocked yet. Thief is about halfway there, but Guardian hasn't even started. I've a Ranger I level-boosted to 50 and I could probably get her to 80 with some tomes and XP rate boosts and mucking about for map completion or something (or just buy PoF even though I'm not ready for it yet story-wise).

Given all that, what do y'all think would be the best path forward, specifically for soloing the story parts of the game? I love my thief but I don't want to be frustrated constantly.

Ranger would be best in my opinion for what you have. There is a great vanilla conditions ranger build out there. Guardian is great as well until you get the DH unlocked, then it gets better. DD is great but you will most likely have to pick off enemies off 1 by 1, not so great at mobs. Best thing about HoT is that there is always a HP train that will max out your elite very quick before you tackle the story if you choose too.

Archived