Shadowsteps and Spectral Ring / Ring of warding

Markri.9475

I have had a habit of using Shadowstep to get out of, or into for kill, these abilities. Noticed that their effect triggers when you "pass through by teleport".I find that odd, as I dont consider teleporting to be going through the barrier put there. Atleast you end up feared at your teleport location going from inside to out.That got me wondering if Ive been making misstakes elsewhere on the same subject..Does DH traps deal the crossover damage if I teleport through them(test of faith trap)? Do firewalls?

Always has been this way and always will be. It's not unique to spectral ring/ring of warding. It applies to all such AoE's that you would path through, like static field, DH traps (including Maw, you'll get CC'ed after you teleport back), line of warding, old earth knockdown line, etc.

If a mesmer uses focus pull during the shadowstep at the right time you'll even be pulled back after teleporting despite its cast being a stunbreak.

To avoid damage like Test of Faith (and not CC, the only answer is stability, sorry) you have to activate the shadowstep during a dodge.