PVP Help

Rose.2593

Only Guardians, Ranger and Necro has downstate skills that let them rally faster.

If a warrior gets up he has used his downstate skill 3, he will go down again in 10 secs so just leave him since he cannot cap any points during that.

A guardian you can autoattack after he uses his symbol to negate it's res power.

A good trick against rangers is to either dps them all the way at once, or use cc on the pet after it starts to help ressing.

Alot of engis now run a skill they can throw on the ground which lasts for a while and this field revives for quite a bit. If they manage to throw it under themselves right before they go down it will ress them unless you can knock them out of the light field.

The Poisoned condition will in all cases slow any and all res speeds by 33%, so you should save it for these situations.

No it doesnt?? you make someone feared, and then they come back a few seconds latter and kill you? how is that strong.

Other classes can interrupt a finishing move more than once, thats stronger, or there is two players, and you fear one, and the other still finishes you off, again, thats weaker than the other classes, where they target more than 1 player.

Sure Fetid ground might cause alot of damage, but you hardly ever get the chance to use it to down another player.

And I win 6, lose 6, win 2, lose 2, etc!!!! its just weird that its so 50/50. + you always lose more rank points than you gain so seems a losing battle to get your score up.

At least currently I'm a whole division higher than last season.

@John.8507 said:No it doesnt?? you make someone feared, and then they come back a few seconds latter and kill you? how is that strong.

Other classes can interrupt a finishing move more than once, thats stronger, or there is two players, and you fear one, and the other still finishes you off, again, thats weaker than the other classes, where they target more than 1 player.

Sure Fetid ground might cause alot of damage, but you hardly ever get the chance to use it to down another player.

And I win 6, lose 6, win 2, lose 2, etc!!!! its just weird that its so 50/50. + you always lose more rank points than you gain so seems a losing battle to get your score up.

At least currently I'm a whole division higher than last season.

If you are above 1200 rating (silver 3/gold 1 barrier) you will always lose more rating on a loss than you gain on a win - don't worry about it.

It makes sense that it's 50/50 because that's the most common winrate across all tiers, so most of your teammates do the same.

In order to climb you need to figure out a tactic that allow you to win more of the games you currently lose - build, team role and decisions in the heat of battle can all help at that!

The best advice I can give though (which is the most common mistake) is to avoid dying at all costs. Always start running if you get low on health/cooldowns/another enemy comes, because nothing hurts your team more than being outnumbered on the map for 15+ seconds.

@rng.1024 said:

@"John.8507" said:Whats going with interrupts, they are so bad, tried to finish a player like 4 times, and got interrupted every time, is there stability skills or something that stop this for the necromancer?

I only seem to have 1 interrupt when downed, and that only works on 1 player.

Still seems like some builds just don't take damage, was just in a match, and all of us barley damaged any of the other team:( 3v3 is hard work.

Thanks, will try those, I always see people saying to fight on the nodes though?

If there are enemies still standing, your best bet is always to keep attacking the body from range instead of stomping.

Learn the tells for every professions downstate skill 2 and save your dodges for them.

Necromancer have a few ways to deal with this. You can use:
  • "Well of Power"
  • Reaper Shroud 3
  • "Chilled to the Bone" elite
  • "Trail of Anguish"
  • Hitting the downed player with the blind condition (gs 4, dagger 4, reaper shroud 2, "Signet of Spite", "Well of Darkness" and "Plaguelands" elite.

In general you'll want to keep hitting a downed player instead of stomping as a necro, there are other classes that safe stomp that easier.

As for the damage not being there, always use Ctrl+Leftclick on an enemy player at the start of a fight to help your teammates choose who to attack first and make sure you are all hitting the same player instead of hitting 3 different ones.

//////////////Reply end/////////////

Let me debunk the importance of fighting on node right here right now, as it is purely based on simple math. Every point you capture grants 1 point every
two seconds
. Every kill you make equals 5 points instantly. From this we can see 1 kill = 10 seconds of holding a node. There is no need to risk your health staying on the node if it can improve your odds of winning the fight.

It's way easier and profitable (score wise) to defend a node that is already yours than to agress a node which gives you 0 points to begin with and that the enemy team are defending with all their might.

And yes I know there are number crunchers out there who will violently disagree with "what if they hold it for more than 10 seconds?!" and "Does this mean to not care about nodes at all?!" What this means is in
the long run
you will win more fights, put your enemies at a constant disadvantage and have the upper hand at every turn. So what if they hold it for 1 minute? Just cap it back and hold it for the rest of the game. They are dying on the point trying to cap it? Let them! Reap the 15 points from the kills and cap it yourself while they are on respawn baiting them right back into a fight you now know you will win.

The games last 15 mins for a reason, and downed mechanic + respawn timers are there for a reason. Use them to your advantage.

The bit about not fighting on node 100% of time is really good advice. Sure you might get the cap but you will lose the fight by taking so much AoE damage, then lose the cap straight after.

@John.8507 said:No it doesnt?? you make someone feared, and then they come back a few seconds latter and kill you? how is that strong.

Necro downstate is by far the strongest in the game considering how much dmg your DS1 does

@TrOtskY.5927 said:

@rng.1024 said:

@"John.8507" said:Whats going with interrupts, they are so bad, tried to finish a player like 4 times, and got interrupted every time, is there stability skills or something that stop this for the necromancer?

I only seem to have 1 interrupt when downed, and that only works on 1 player.

Still seems like some builds just don't take damage, was just in a match, and all of us barley damaged any of the other team:( 3v3 is hard work.

Thanks, will try those, I always see people saying to fight on the nodes though?

If there are enemies still standing, your best bet is always to keep attacking the body from range instead of stomping.

Learn the tells for every professions downstate skill 2 and save your dodges for them.

Necromancer have a few ways to deal with this. You can use:
  • "Well of Power"
  • Reaper Shroud 3
  • "Chilled to the Bone" elite
  • "Trail of Anguish"
  • Hitting the downed player with the blind condition (gs 4, dagger 4, reaper shroud 2, "Signet of Spite", "Well of Darkness" and "Plaguelands" elite.

In general you'll want to keep hitting a downed player instead of stomping as a necro, there are other classes that safe stomp that easier.

As for the damage not being there, always use Ctrl+Leftclick on an enemy player at the start of a fight to help your teammates choose who to attack first and make sure you are all hitting the same player instead of hitting 3 different ones.

//////////////Reply end/////////////

Let me debunk the importance of fighting on node right here right now, as it is purely based on simple math. Every point you capture grants 1 point every
two seconds
. Every kill you make equals 5 points instantly. From this we can see 1 kill = 10 seconds of holding a node. There is no need to risk your health staying on the node if it can improve your odds of winning the fight.

It's way easier and profitable (score wise) to defend a node that is already yours than to agress a node which gives you 0 points to begin with and that the enemy team are defending with all their might.

And yes I know there are number crunchers out there who will violently disagree with "what if they hold it for more than 10 seconds?!" and "Does this mean to not care about nodes at all?!" What this means is in
the long run
you will win more fights, put your enemies at a constant disadvantage and have the upper hand at every turn. So what if they hold it for 1 minute? Just cap it back and hold it for the rest of the game. They are dying on the point trying to cap it? Let them! Reap the 15 points from the kills and cap it yourself while they are on respawn baiting them right back into a fight you now know you will win.

The games last 15 mins for a reason, and downed mechanic + respawn timers are there for a reason. Use them to your advantage.

The bit about not fighting on node 100% of time is really good advice. Sure you might get the cap but you will lose the fight by taking so much AoE damage, then lose the cap straight after.

Indeed :)

It's these things that make conquest incredibly complex as a mode, but unfortunaly also what goes past most players since it require some research and analytical thinking (when most people just want to have some fun games ^^).

@John.8507 said:The point system is seriously favoring defeats which is totally unfair. Last 10 games, lost 5, won 4, and one didn't count - gained 47 points, and lost 64! Thats quite a difference. You'd think you'd get more for wins.

It checks out. If you got 47 points on 4 wins, that's 12 points average. Meaning if you had 5 wins it would be a total of 59 points. What this ratio tells us is you are playing slightly above your level since you lose 5 more points per loss, if I'm guessing you are in gold 1 based on your winratio.

The entire point of the rating system is for you to win more than you lose to move up. Winning half/losing half means you stay where you are. Losing more than you win moves you down.

If you started to win 6 of those 10 games, you would gain 71 points and lose 64. If every 10 games you get the same amount of wins you will slowly climb until having a 5 win set again won't take you all the way back.

The system is harsh to make sure you are the factor responsible for winning your games, and it becomes harsh the moment you win more than half of them to make sure.

@John.8507 said:Well I was gold 1 :( 9 defeats and 1 win the last 10 games:( I was silver 3, then gold 1 after winning 6 losing 4, now back to silver even lower than before.

Hmm that's alot of variance. Still playing necro? If you enjoy core you might see more success if you try to hold/defend the mid node the entire match - the paladin variant gives alot of life force and toughness to help with that.

@John.8507 said:I'm cursed:( get nice winning streaks then horrible losing streaks where i'm playing okay and helping the team and everything seems to be okay, but still losing on points:( I guess another silver season:(

Necro is tricky like that, you get focused alot and you little blocks/evades/teleports to deal with it.

From the silver games I have seen they tend to fight anywhere on the map. Chances are your team isn't paying enough attention to the nodes, luckily this applies to the other team aswell. In these tiers you should probably try to fight on the nodes as much as possible because of this.

Do you have a duo partner? A friend is a great way to help you win more matches and climb together :)

@John.8507 said::( I know, last match I was getting skyhammer, and then going to nodes and they were empty! everyone was everywhere. Losing way to many matches right now:( Endless losing streaks. Gone down like 2 tiers:(

Yeah it's not easy when you are the only one thinking about them :astonished:

Don't be afraid try another strategy if you are on a losing streak:

• Try to help in fights instead
  • Avoid fights where the enemy has equal or more players than you.
  • Take as many 2v1's as you can (you are 2 against 1 enemy).
  • Make sure you entirely kill downed players before moving on.

Winning fights means your team needs something to do and chances are they will capture nodes. Give it a go for 10 games ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Thief is really hard to fight against right now, like so much damage and no way to block it! Also the downed fear skill seems broken like tried 6 times today to use, and every time nothing happened? Also 3 victories, followed directly by 3 losses:s

• 3 weeks later...