Fractals Heal Scrapper

Vagrant.7206

UPDATE:

I had a lovely chat with another scrapper healer in fractals a few days ago. He recommended using experimental turrets to get some of the buffs y'all were complaining about, so I updated the metabattle page to include the new turrets variant.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scrapper_-_Healing_Scrapper

I've been using a cross between his ideas and mine... swapping out purge gyro for rifle turret, and mortar kit for supply crate. Along with Experimental Turrets instead of Soothing Detonation. So far I'm a fan.

He also suggested thumper turret instead of bulwark gyro -- I'm a little more leery on this because Defense Field is incredibly powerful in fractals, and thumper turret has a very long cooldown timer (plus the toolbelt on thumper is only good for blasting in PvE). While it does grant nearly 90% protection uptime, it's harder to control and predict, unlike what you can do with bulwark gyro. Regardless, the change of supply crate and rifle turret is a smart choice.

I usually use supply crate for CC bars and blast gyro instead of purge for CC and might.

That works very well in my opinion. Most DPSler have already some source of fury and overshield covers the protection aspect.switching bulwark gyro for thumper turret sounds bad, though... the CC is nice, but the defense field is great against those instabilities and projectile skills. Well timed you can basically block all of those attacks during a fight.Then we have the combination of heavy CC, health bar and protection pulse. If you need a CC burst, you usually have a break bar and once that's down, enemies tend to be stunned. if you need protection, there is a bomb incoming or running, so the turret is likely destroyed soon. That's why I'm not a big fan of it here.The fury uptime is nice, but rifle turret has low HP and its skill and F-skill is pretty wasted in that build. That's why I think the group benefits more of the might+firefield+CC+Superspeed of blast gyro.By the way: the only time I encountered so many conditions I needed the purging gyro was on that new beach-fractal.So, I don't see it as a default skill there, but rather optional to the other options.

Mortar is a great kit and you get access to frost aura as well as pulsing blinds and area-weakness. Also some pulsed heal. However, with most random groups timed CC is the problem, so I tend to use crate instead. The F5-cleanse is nice when people are clumsy about positioning.