Game crashes every time I exit

I have a 15' mac book pro mid 2017 (16 gb Ram, 512 SSD, 2.8Ghz intel i7 processor, intel hd graphics 630). The game runs just fine it is just when I exit either by by hitting escape-> exit to desktop or I right click on gw2 icon in the mac toolbar and quit from there. I've let it run for up to ~5 minutes before I had to force quit the application. I must add that I had a much older and worse windows tower computer up until a couple months ago so I'm not sure if this is just something that Mac users have dealt with or if it is new. This does not seem to be an issue from character select. It only crashes when trying to close from in game.

• 2 weeks later...

Same. Now, if I run the game client for a brief time, about 15–20 minutes, it quits properly. Otherwise, I have to force-quit every time. This started for me in mid April. This isn’t usual, as I’d been quitting reliably for the prior seven months.

I just force-quit every session now. It works, and I don’t know what else to do (having already repaired the client.)

• 10 months later...