Mac client: crashes when minimizing and hangs when closing

I am not sure that it is only on the mac client but it is what I use :)

1) I play in windowed mode and if I minimize the window the game will crash about 50% of the time.2) Since the last patch (I think) I cannot close the game anymore. When I hit quit the game hangs and the mouse pointer becomes a spinner. I need to force quit every time.3) Also, the PvP lobby uses a LOT of bandwidth for some reason. The gem store takes forever to load (if it loads at all) when I am there.

• 2 months later...

I second this. Also have a macbook pro, 2017. Not sure about pvp lobby and gem store, my actual game runs just fine, but after exiting game, most of the time it doesn't close and I have to force quit. And the game crashes every time I minimize it, it seems. This last one, it seems like its just very recently, but I also don't think I've minimized it that much. The crashing on exit I don't really remember it not happening but I also just switched from windows tower to this mac after a couple monnths ago.Edit: I made a post about your 2) issue just a couple weeks ago. Here is that link: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/81022/game-crashes-every-time-i-exit#latest

@Gop.4023 said:I am not sure that it is only on the mac client but it is what I use :)

1) I play in windowed mode and if I minimize the window the game will crash about 50% of the time.2) Since the last patch (I think) I cannot close the game anymore. When I hit quit the game hangs and the mouse pointer becomes a spinner. I need to force quit every time.3) Also, the PvP lobby uses a LOT of bandwidth for some reason. The gem store takes forever to load (if it loads at all) when I am there.

1. I run full-screen — can’t comment on the crash. What I will say is that if you are using windowed mode as a way to access your browser or other apps, full-screen on Mac utilizes Spaces in Mission Control, so you can use the default keybinds (control + left arrow; control + right arrow) to quickly switch in/out of the game. I found this out by accident a few months ago.

2. I also force-quit every session now. It started for me on April 16th. Repairing the client (let it run the repair for two hours) had no effect.

3. I get the same sluggish performance loading gem store and TP no matter where I am ;(