Extend squad markers and ready check to 5 person parties

NanoDragon.9135

The squad markers are extremely useful for relaying information about positions on the map and can act as a pseudo tag  by marking an individual. My main thought is that Fractals would benefit greatly from this in order to point at places for players to go, pre-planning tactics before starting an encounter, teaching others through marker locations, ect. However, this certainly could be useful in other party size content like replaying story instances or dungeons (yes, some people still actually play those occasionally). Having the ready check pop-up is also incredibly useful as an "afk" check and, as intended, a ready check before starting an encounter.

ANet, could you please extend the squad based functions to parties, especially for content where you can't bring a squad. If that won't work because of back-end coding issues, maybe another way around it is another check box for squads for 5-person content so I can bring my "squad" of 5 people into a fractal/dungeon/story just like there's the "10-person raid squad" checkbox and use the tools you gave us for in game visual communication.

• Like 4