Skin unlocking bug about Named Sunspear Weapons

I used Abasi's Envenomed Cleaver to Mystic Forge for unlock a part of Specialization Collection.But Abasi's Envenomed Cleaver wasn't unlocked. And the skin of Sunspear Waraxe was unlocked.Mystic Forge unlocked incorrect skin of named sunspear weapon.

I already forgot exact time. But it was happen before i submit a ticket for support. So date was maybe Oct 12 or before.I'm not sure but maybe i used my mesmer "Tamago Curry" at that time.And i still remember Abasi's Envenomed Cleaver and Sunspear Waraxe were exist at Wardrobe when i found this bug.However, Abasi's Envenomed Cleaver was already removed from Wardrobe before i knew it.

In HoT, all weapon skin and armor skin of Specialization Collection can unlock by Mystic Forge.And we have no way to receive information about "Mystic Forge don't unlock correct skin for Specialization Collection in PoF".So using Mystic Forge is correct way to unlock a part of Specialization Collection.

But in PoF, Mystic Forge don't unlock correct skin of Named Sunspear Weapon.

It is shouldn't be a rare case because support staff said " After looking into this further and escalating multiple reports".Anet please fix it as soon as possible.Player and support staff already tired to discuss about this bug.

Abasi's Envenomed Cleaver uses the Sunspear Warsickle as a skin, to technically the MF did what it normally does; i.e. this is not a "bug". The frustrating part for this particular collection is that the collection requires the item, not the skin. I believe all that was needed was for you to account- or possibly soul-bind the item.

At this point, I would suggest starting a conversation with Support about this unusual situation.

Support staff said also same thing with you Greener.6204.But as i said, we can unlock all Mystic Weapon by Mystic Forge for HoT's Specialization Collection.When Anet change those requirements to item from skin? Did you find any warning text about Mystic Forge and Specialization Collection? What is the point of equipping items before use them to Mystic Forge or salvage?Since Mystic Forge is working for HoT's Specialization Collection and Anet never notice about PoF's Specialization Collection need item, Named Sunspear Weapons should unlocked by same method with HoT.This is a bug because in-game system changed there output to something different from the previous one without any warning,

Anyway, Support said to me "This would be a question meant for a developer, as the Customer Support Team does not have any definitive answers for mechanics like this." I don't know how greater negotiation skill you have. But i hope you will change there answer and mind.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

I take no offense. You're in a frustrating circumstance that a lot of players may have found themselves in by this point. Given the cost of some of those items, and the habit many players have of using the MF to unlock skins, it's a terrible stumbling block. Too bad Support is unable to send you an account-bound version of the item :(.

Archived