Catmander vs Commander tag in API:2/account

Ashmogh.6814

I believe the way the commander property in /account works is it returns true only if the user has the commander tag, while not taking into account whether or not the user also has the catmander tag - it will return false if the user only has the catmander tag. I was wondering if there is any way we can get the info that the user has either of these tags, since (afaik) they function the same, and only differ in their icon and way of acquisition.

P. S. Also I'm not sure if this was discussed before, from what I found, only one person asked about this in one API changelog thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 10:09 PM, NuSphere.6574 said:

Isn't the cat commander tied to an achievement?  So you can check it out ... it should be perfectly feasible

Yes, it would've been perfectly feasible, dare I say very easy, to check an achievement. But to my knowledge there is no such achievement as it isn't mentioned on the wiki, nor did anything of notice come up after I regex-ed all the achievements for 'cat|commander|catmander|compendium' (case-insensitive).

• 4 weeks later...

A few days ago I discovered the same thing you did - the commander value reported by the account api doesn't recognize catmander as a "commander". Racking my brain for workarounds I couldn't find anything really good enough. The best I could work out was something that would sometimes indicate an account was a catmander. The idea revolves around the "Commander's Wings of War" back item skin. In order to buy the item, you need to be a commander or catmander. So... if you have this skin, you must have "commander" powers. if the account api says you aren't one, then you must be a catmander.

Obviously however, not everyone that buys a catmander tag also buys the back item/skin, so it's not a reliable test. In combination with the account/commander api you can catch a few more folks that have "commander" powers, but still not all of them.  So, not a solution, but just wanted to share the idea/brainstorm.

Edited by Autolycus.4590
clarify wording