Hot what it could have been.

SaraGreen.2345

While hot was beautiful full of events raids and exciting. Art team did a epic job on it the attention to detail was amazing.

I look at what it failed to deliver from by opinion.

Hot really lacked fractals designed for the jungle filled with mushrooms gliders and unique jungle design.

Hot could have had more open world bosses. And added at least 1-2 world bosses like Shatterer. We get the one in dragon stand which is cool.

Why not put a huge legendary ontop of a jumping puzzle with increased decent loot chance giving people incentive to keep doing jumping puzzles daily would've been great and optional content for the playerbase.

Hot too me felt like they released 80 percent done it lacked the little things those little missing things everyone noticed.No hot fractals was really depressing at release. I' know they worked hard on raids but they could have added at least 1 fractal.That being said what hot did give us was great and a blast to play I still enjoy it.

What are your thoughts?

@SaraGreen.2345 said:Hot really lacked fractals designed for the jungle filled with mushrooms gliders and unique jungle design.

As Fractals are designed to be accessible to players without the expansion, and therefore without the relevant Masteries, introducing such mechanics would have been problematic.

@SaraGreen.2345 said:Hot could have had more open world bosses. And added at least 1-2 world bosses like Shatterer. We get the one in dragon stand which is cool.

Each zone did have a world boss, even multiple ones. The Modrem champions during the Night phase of Verdant Brink, the Octovine, and even the four Chakk Gerents. Living World maps also had their own massive bugbears, like the two in Bloodstone Fen, and the Destroyer Wyverns Ignis and Aestus in Draconis Mons.

@SaraGreen.2345 said:Why not put a huge legendary ontop of a jumping puzzle with increased decent loot chance giving people incentive to keep doing jumping puzzles daily would've been great and optional content for the playerbase.

The problem is jumping puzzles aren't difficult once the route is figured out, especially when you consider that Mesmers are aplenty, and there are some in the game with multiple HoT accounts. When you put a Legendary quality item in such an easily accessible place, it immediately devalues the item, which then makes the effort to design, code, rig, and develop the legendary pointless.

Why not have specific fractals for heart of thorns and path of fire to increase sales and give more content to paying customers. Giving players more incentive to max out mastery wouldn't be a bad thing.

As far as boss size of scale like shatterer it feels like a huge fight. Wyverin in Verdant Brink and Mordem Champions dont feel like a big fight i am usually in a 30 person group I never get a feeling of were going to need more people perhaps they are easier to defeat then intended. Buff them?Never tried to like 5 man them they might be more challenging then.

I will admit I have not fought the Bugbears so they may feel like a big encounter will check them out.

As far as jumping puzzle with a Legendary uptop disable porting on that puzzle like disabling gliding. I never thought it would give a legendary piece of gear just better chance of a decent item.Perhaps its more work then its worth I'm not a programmer.

Archived